43: graveyard

JUNGWON'S POV

"You must be so worried?" I said giving Haewon a cup of tea.

"I feel like I failed as a leader, I lost a member." She took a sip of her tea.

"Of course not! You are the best leader the girls could ever ask for." I said to her to which she gave me a smile in return.

"Now, you shouldn't stress, get enough food and sleep." She nodded at my orders.

"Why do you always worry about me?" She asked and I shrugged.

"I will always worry about you Haewon, you are my friend." I replied with a smile.

"Just a friend?" Haewon asked me.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked and she got up from my bed. 

"Jungwon... to be honest, I don't want to just be friends." She sighed and started walking away. I got up and pulled her arm making her face me.

"Jungwon, let me go..." She said softly while looking down.

I lifted her head up. Her eyes were looking right into mine. My eyes moved down to her lips and words I would never think to say left my mouth.

"Can i kiss you?" I asked her and my gaze went back to her eyes. It was her eyes that looked at my lips this time.

She slowly nodded. I cupped her cheek pulling her face to mine. Our lips met and I kissed her. I pulled away after a while.

"I like you..." I said to her after our lips parted.

"I like you too." She said with a smiled before we kissed again.

<>

SUNOO'S POV

Its been 2 weeks since Yunjin's birthday, since her attempt and since my whole world fell apart.

I haven't known her for long but she became a big part of my life the past months and now it was as if she was laying on her death bed.

I was once again back at the hospital. Sitting in the chair staring at her.

"Sunoo?" She had woken up about a few hours ago but when to sleep immediately after.

"You're awake." She nodded trying to sit up.

"Sunoo I'm so-"

"Why?" I said cutting her apology off.

"I don't know..." Her words faded at the end. I finally looked into her eyes.

"Y-you promised, Yunjin. You said you would get better. For me." She took my hand and held it.

"Sunoo, I'm sorry for breaking my promise. I'm glad im still alive to be honest. I was scared to leave you behind." She gave me a small smile.

"Promise me you won't do this again."

"Sunoo i cant..." she hesitated a little.

"Promise me Yunjin." I said softly.

"I promise, sincerely this time." She said lifting the side of her lip slightly.

"Yunjin-ah!" Sullyoon ran in with the girls.

"I was so worried." Lily cried out as they gathered around the bed.

"I'm sorry for making you guys worried." Yunjin apologized.

"You are getting a new place right?" Jiwoo asked and she nodded.

"You are getting a new place?" I asksd interrupting.

"Yes, I'm moving in after I get discharged." She answered and i nodded.

"Will you guys visit me after I get out?" She asked and they nodded.

"No. I hate graveyards." Kyujin answered.

"Ya! You can't joke like that!" Haewon scolded her out. A smile appeared on Yunjin's face.

<>

So Jungwon and Haewon are together now, Jini is not dead. This is the last heartbreaking event that will happen in this book (maybe😀)