10 Bold

Cassia POV

With a small jump I was awakened. It took a moment until I knew again where I was. That's right. I was at Roman's, on his sofa. But there was no trace of him. However, since it was very quiet, it didn't take long to hear his voice from the kitchen.

He sounded quite upset and I immediately realized with whom he was talking. Hearing how important this baby was to him already, after only a few short hours of knowing about it, showed me what a great father he was going to be and what a tremendous person he was.

"Hey.... you're awake again. Come on, let's get you to bed." he said softly as he came back into the living room.

His eyes immediately fell on me and discovered I was looking at him.

"No... it's so comfortable here..." I sighed as I pulled the blanket he must have put over me up to under my chin.

"There's no way I'm letting the mother of my child sleep on the sofa. You're going to bed." he replied with a smile as he simply walked over to me and lifted me into his arms like it was nothing.

I was a little surprised by this, but I certainly wouldn't complain. As I looked out to him like this and put my arms around his neck I noticed how my stomach tingled. All Roman had to do for that was look me in the eye. That was it.

"I'll get you a t-shirt of mine to wear. I don't think this pantsuit is comfortable to sleep in." he said as he carried me into the bedroom and then laid me on the bed.

Roman gave me a kiss on the forehead before turning to his dresser where he looked in one of the drawers for a shirt.

I yawned profusely as I already snuggled into the so soft, lush bed. My God, that was one cozy bed. I don't think I've ever lain in such a magnificent bed.

"Here, baby girl." he said as he stood in front of me again.

"Don't wanna... so cozy..." I sighed as I realized I was already falling asleep once again.

"Okay... then I'll do it for you..." he replied and I heard a smirk in his voice despite my tiredness.

Before I knew what was happening to me he had already taken off my pants and unbuttoned my blouse. Carefully he rolled me to the side to remove the clothes before he pulled a large t-shirt over my head. I put my arms into the sleeves before Roman covered me with a heavy comforter.

Then he walked around the bed where he took off his clothes to get into it as well. Without hesitation he pulled me to his chest and then put his big hand on my belly.

"Cassia?" he asked softly.

"Hmm?" I made as I tried not to fall asleep because I knew he wanted to ask me something.

"Would you like to go on a date with me tomorrow?" he asked.

"I'd love to, but I have a lot of work to do and then of course there's the driving..." I replied tiredly.

"You're right.... Listen... I know this is kind of sudden, but I want us to spend as much time together as possible. I want us to try it as a couple. That's why I have an idea." he said.

"What kind of idea?" I wanted to know.

I didn't know how much of my question he understood because the words were very mumbled due to my sleepiness.

"What do you think about it if you move in here with me for now? For a few weeks to try it out. You don't have to, of course... it was just a thought..." he replied, suddenly sounding very uncertain.

"You know... I think that's actually not a bad idea.... I can work from anywhere as long as I can plug in my work computer there. A laptop doesn't always cut it. And I also want to give us a chance to get to know each other better. You know... for the baby and stuff." I explained after thinking about it for a moment.

True, it was a bit bold. Some might call it stupid, but we had to become a team. Because no matter what would eventually happen to us, there would always be this little new person that would forever connect us to each other.

"Awesome. But go to sleep now, baby girl. We still have plenty of time to talk about everything." Roman replied and then gave me a kiss on the forehead.

I stretched a little to be able to press a kiss to his mouth. He seemed a little surprised by it, but let it happen anyway. Afterwards I snuggled back against his strong chest. As I lay there inhaling his scent, it wasn't long before I was back in the land of dreams.