39 Happy anniversary

Cassia POV

With a relaxed hum, I stood in the kitchen and prepared everything I would need for tonight. Everything went without a hitch, even though it was hard for me to concentrate.

It was so quiet in the house. Much too quiet in my opinion. Cosima spent the night with Pat, so Roman and I could spend an evening alone. Well almost alone, because Miss Buttons was there of course. However, she was sleeping peacefully in the living room at the moment.

I quickly looked at the clock and saw that I didn't have much time left. Therefore, I put everything on the tray and made my way upstairs. That was not so easy, because my baby bump had grown quite a bit in the meantime. I couldn't believe that we could soon hold a second miracle in our arms. And much to my delight, this miracle was doing great as well as Cosima had done. Already 6 months had passed... Hard to believe.

The kicks and punches were the best proof of that. This baby was at least as strong as Cosima. Maybe even a little bit more. Or I had simply forgotten how strong my little angel was.

I placed the tray of goodies on the freshly made bed before I quickly went to change. It was a little something that I had ordered especially for today and to my surprise it fit perfectly. I had feared that my bump would not fit into it. The pale pink silk with the fine lace details and the pearls nestled against my skin. I was very sure that Roman would love it.

Then I applied some lip gloss and fluffed my hair as I heard my husband's deep voice ready from downstairs. 

"Baby, I'm home. Where are you?" he called out.

"I'm in the bedroom, Ro." I replied.

As quickly as I could, I lit the candles in the bedroom before turning on the music. A playlist of smooth jazz seemed most appropriate for the occasion.

"Oh wow... Hi baby girl! You look fabulous. What did I do to deserve this?" he asked as he entered the room, his eyes getting big and round when he saw me.

With a satisfied smirk, I strode towards him. I took Roman's big hands in mine as I looked up at him.

"Well I figured since we couldn't celebrate our wedding anniversary because you were away, we'd make up for it today. Cosima is with your mom for the night. That means we have a baby-free night all to ourselves, handsome." I replied, trying to make my voice sound seductive as I stood on my tiptoes to reach his lips.

"Mmmh... that sounds wonderful. Then let's make the most of this rare occasion, baby girl. When baby number two arrives it won't get any easier.

You look so gorgeous. I don't know if I can focus on anything else. You just love to tease me, don't you? Spin around for daddy." he said then as his hands slowly slid over my sides and his eyes followed every movement.

"Me? Never in my life have I done anything like that. But even if I did... it's because I love you." I replied with a little giggle as I slowly spun around for him.

"I love you too. You and our kids. How are you doing? Is the baby behaving?" he wanted to know as he pulled me close to him.

One hand slowly stroked my cheek and then my collarbone. Then he followed the path of his fingertips with his lips. I had to remind myself not to forget to breathe. Closing my eyes, I swallowed to somehow regain a state of concentration.

"We're doing great. Even better now that you're back home," I replied.

I wanted to reach out to him again, but was surprised when he simply lifted me into his arms. Then he pressed his lips to mine. I held his face close as he carried me over to our bed.

Gently he laid me down on the cool sheets. But then he pulled away from me. With a quick movement, he picked up the prepared tray and took it off the bed to place on the dresser.

"As good as this looks. It's not what I am craving at this moment." he muttered as he pulled his t-shirt over his head.

"In that case, all I can say is happy anniversary to me." I smirked just seconds before he silenced me with his full, hot lips.