30 Shopping

Roman POV

With my beautiful, beaming fiancée holding my hand, we walked through the aisles into the baby products store. I loved seeing how excited Cassia was to pick out the furniture and everything else for our little princess. And while we were at it we wanted to make the lists of things for the baby shower registry.

I was sure it would take a while to get everything we needed together, but once again she surprised me. Cassia came prepared. She had put together a list of everything that was necessary or unnecessary.

"Okay... I think we should start with the furniture. Then we can color coordinate everything else with it. Like decorations and blankets. Stuff like that. What do you think?" said Cassia.

"Good idea. They have a huge selection for the cribs alone.... Do you have an idea of the color?" I wanted to know as my eyes wandered over the cribs on display.

"Now. I think either white or dark brown. It goes best with everything and we can use it for more kids. That is, if we have any more. I don't think a boy would like a pink or purple crib," Cassia replied as she followed my gaze.

"You're right. And I think it's sweet that you're already thinking ahead, baby girl." I said, giving her a kiss on her hair.

"Well... I want to have a couple of little mini you's." she replied and looked up at me so I could give her a proper kiss.

"I love you, baby girl. But I hope the baby and every other one takes after you." I said afterwards.

"I love you too, Ro. But let's be real... Look at your family. You have strong genes. I don't think mine have a chance to hold up." she laughed.

"When you put it that way... But I can still hope for it, can't I?" I replied.

"Why, of course, my love." she said, trying in vain to sound serious.

------------

"Ro... why don't you just add the items to the list? We don't have to buy everything ourselves." asked Cassia about an hour later as I added one more thing to the cart.

"I want to spoil our little one too. And what if our friends and family don't pick any of the cool stuff? Nah, I'll buy them myself so she will have them. Look how cute this tutu is. " I replied when I saw it.

"I get the feeling I'm always going to be the bad cop," she said.

"Quite possibly. Oh I have to have those." I said and reached up to the shelf.

"Why do you want two identical teddy bears?" she asked, a little confused.

"Oh I figured one is for Elliott and one is for Baby Reigns. You know... It's time we got a little more serious about a name. It's only two months away. If that long. You know Elliott came two weeks early. What if our baby does the same as Hannah and Larry's baby?" I replied.

"If you want we can discuss it over dinner tonight. I want to cook us a nice meal, but only after you give me a long foot massage." said Cassia.

"I think I can manage that. But I think you better rest and let me cook," I suggested.

"Ro baby, I love you, but cooking is definitely not your strong suit. But if you want you are welcome to help me." She laughed as we made our way to the checkout. 

I didn't like to admit it, but she was right. Still, I didn't want her to strain herself too much. And God knows, growing a baby was exhausting enough.