28 A little extra

Cassia POV

"And you're really not going to tell me anything your sisters have prepared?" I asked as I sat in the car with Roman and he drove us to the venue of the party.

I couldn't wait to find out what our little rainbow was. Since the baby was making itself known an even greater weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I could enjoy this pregnancy now and not worry about it all the time. And I knew Roman felt the same way, even if he wouldn't admit it.

"I don't know myself. And even if I did... I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise for you. I just know that I was supposed to take the envelope with the sex to a store that makes balloons. But I know your mother was a big part of the preparations," he replied as he reached for my hand and lifted it to his mouth to press a kiss on it.

"I know... I tried to get something out of Mom too, but she didn't give anything away. I just hope you didn't take a peek inside the envelope, Mister Reigns!" I said then, because I knew his curiosity was at least as big as mine.

"And risk getting in trouble with you? No, I didn't peek inside. Even though it was very tempting." he replied.

Again and again he said he had a feeling what the baby was, but he didn't tell me. I, on the other hand, had the feeling since the dream I had that we were having a boy. But I was probably wrong. Wasn't it said that it is always the opposite of what one dreams? Or had I just made that up?

Anyway... I didn't have to wait much longer, because Roman stopped the car already in front of the venue. He helped me out of the car like the perfect gentleman he was before handing the key over to the valet.

Then he put a hand on my lower back as we made our way inside. I had one hand on my growing baby bump hoping that the baby's movements would soothe me a little. However, it didn't really work.

As we entered the hall we were met with many joyful faces. Everyone was in a good mood and seemed to be as eager as we were.

It took a bit until we had welcomed all our guests. I took a lot of time for Hannah and her husband. And the little man. I couldn't believe that my best friend would become a momma in about 2 months. She had always wanted it so much and now her wish was about to come true. And the little man had chosen great parents.

"Alright, this is it. We don't want to keep Cassia and Roman waiting any longer. And I know we are all just as curious as our two. I, for one, can't wait to know if I'm going to have a grandson or granddaughter. On the count of three, pop that big black balloon to reveal if it's a boy or a girl. One... two... three!" my mother said before she started counting.

Roman held the balloon by the string as we both held a needle. My heart was beating fast. And the smile on my face was as big as Roman's.

At the same time, we stabbed it and a shower of glitter flew out. But something wasn't right. It was just golden glitter. Not pink or blue. And then there was a note that was suddenly on the floor.

Confused, I crouched down and picked up the note. Slowly I unfolded it. While I was doing this there was nothing to hear. Almost as if everyone present was holding their breath. Then I read what was written there.

Will you marry me?

---------------

Roman POV

While Cassia picked up the note from the floor, I went down on one knee behind her. I watched as she read the prepared message and then slowly turned to me. I held the box with the ring open in my hand so she could see it.

It was the perfect ring for her and I hoped Cassia felt the same way. I had measured her ring size while she had been sleeping on the sofa. Even though Buttons almost spoiled the surprise when she tried to eat the ring size measurer when it fell out of my hand.

"Holy heavens!" she squealed, slapping a hand over her mouth.

"Cassia, my darling. I thought there was no better day to surprise you. You are without a doubt the love of my life and I want you forever.

That's why I ask you... Will you marry me?" I spoke as I took her free hand in mine and looked up at her.

Immediately tears came to her eyes as she began to nod.

"Yes! Of course yes!" she said.

With a happy smile, I slipped the ring on her finger before kissing it. Then I stood up and pulled my fiancée and our baby into my arms. I hugged them as best I could. A small sniffle escaped Cassia as she clung to my neck.

"I love you, Roman." she whispered in my ear.

"I love you too, Cassia." I replied and then pulled back a bit to finally kiss her properly.

That kiss was also a promise to always be there for this special woman, my family. No matter what.

"I can't believe it. This is the best day. Does that mean the gender reveal was just an excuse?" she asked me after a few minutes of just holding each other.

The sounds and cheers of family and friends sounded to us like it was so far away. Nothing mattered at that moment. Just us. The others would still get a chance to congratulate us.

"No, this was just a little extra I didn't want to wait with. Summer?" I replied and then looked around for my sister who brought the real, equally important balloon to us.

She handed it to me as well as a new pair of needles. Now the moment had really come. Again we got ready.

One... two.... three!

Together we poked the big balloon and this time the colored glitter flew out. Glitter that was bright pink and told us that my intuition was right. Our little rainbow was a princess. A little girl that I knew I would love more than life itself, just like her mommy.