29 Congratulations

Cassia POV

The weeks flew by just like that. That was mainly because we were both very busy with work and the preparations for the arrival of our little daughter. I could hardly wait even if it was still a good three months.

I also started making decisions for our wedding. Our wedding! We were engaged! I still couldn't believe it. But there was still time for that, because after some back and forth we had decided to get married after the baby would be born.

I only wanted to get married once in my life and I wanted to do it in a beautiful dress. Not in an alternative that fit over my growing belly. It didn't really matter, but I wanted everything to be as perfect as the man I would marry and then call my husband.

At the moment I was finally editing the pictures from Hannah's baby shower. I hadn't had the chance before because I was so busy with my regular work. Slowly but surely I was starting to feel guilty about keeping Hannah and Larry waiting so long. That's why today it had priority over everything else.

Just as I was about to edit the last picture, my favorite of that day, the door to my office opened and Roman came in. Apparently he had finished his workout. And my god did the man look great sweating like that. I swallowed and struggled to concentrate.

"Hey baby girl. How are my girls?" he asked as he moved behind me and gave me a kiss on the hair.

Buttons who had been sleeping on my smaller getting lap uncurled and then climbed over my bump, over my boobs to my shoulder so Roman could pick her up in his arms.

"We're fine as you can see." I laughed.

"Oh are those the pictures? That's so cute. With both of your baby bumps against each other." he said as he glanced at my screen.

"I know! I love that picture. Maybe I should print it out for the nursery." I replied as Buttons turned back to me.

"Nice idea. I'm going to take a shower. Do you want to maybe join me?" he then asked before leaning forward and pressing his hot lips against my neck.

"Mmmh... I'd love to... Why don't you go ahead and I'll join you in a minute? I just need to save this and copy it to the USB drive." I replied.

"Okay... don't keep me waiting too long." he said before leaving the room.

What a tease. He just loved to tease me. And of course, he took full advantage of my pregnancy hormones. Not that I had anything against it. Quite the opposite.

I had just shut down the computer when my phone rang. A video call from Hannah. That was so typical. Her timing used to be better. But I answered anyway, because I knew she would try again and again.

"Hey sweetie. How are you feeling?" I asked as her face appeared on the screen.

"Oh I'm doing pretty good. Rather exhausted. But I actually wanted to show you something." she said.

"What do you mean?" I wanted to know as I made my way to the bedroom.

"This." she replied, flipping the camera which she then pointed at a small something lying in her husband's arms.

"Oh my god! Hannah! The baby is here? Congratulations!" I cheered in surprise.

"Arrived this morning after a night of labor. I didn't want to wake you up. If it had started during the day, I would have called. But you need your sleep. Do you want to come to visit today?" she asked.

"Do you have to ask? Roman! Roman! I'm on my way! Send me which hospital you are in and we'll be with you very soon. Roman!" I shouted.

"Will do. See you later, Cass, and please calm down." She laughed before hanging up.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" he asked as he stormed out of the bathroom in nothing but a towel.

"Everything is wonderful! Hannah and Larry are parents. The baby is here!" I replied with tears of joy in my eyes.

"Awesome. Am I right in assuming there won't be a shower together?" he laughed.

"We can make up for it tonight. I promise you'll get a special treat." I replied and then reached out to give him a quick kiss.

---------------

About two hours later, we were now standing in front of Hannah's room at the hospital. I knocked  on the door and waited impatiently for an answer.

"Come in." I heard Larry's voice call and I opened the door.

"Congratulations." I said to him before hugging him.

He thanked me and I saw how proud he was to finally be a father. It had taken a while for the two of them. But now the joy was even greater. I knew that Hannah had been struggling with the fact that I had gotten pregnant so easily back than. But still she had never said a bad word. Quite the opposite. She was truly a great person and didn't have a bad bone in her body. She was the kind of friend that every person needed in their life.

"Hi... Hi Momma! How are you?" I asked as I walked over to her to give her a kiss on the forehead.

The little bundle in her arms looked like his momma and seemed just as relaxed.

"I'm fine. A little sore, but it was all worth it. Wasn't Pumpkin? Do you want to hold your godson?" she replied.

"What, really?" I asked, surprised.

"Of course. Elliott Ray Miller, this is your auntie and godmother Cassia." she said, then handed me the baby.

With Elliott in my arms, I carefully sat down on the chair that was next to the bed. Roman stood next to me, one hand on my back as he too took a close look at the new life.

"Aren't you perfect?" I whispered.

I knew at that moment that Ro was thinking exactly the same thing as I was. That in a few months we would be in the same place. And that we would be just as proud, though exhausted, as Hannah and Larry were at that moment.

"Congratulations, you two. He's perfect. And I'm sure he and our little one will be best friends," Roman then said softly.