33 Doing great

Cassia POV

With a little sniffle, I looked closely at my newborn daughter. I could not believe that it was reality. That I could hold her in my arms. That the little creature that had kicked me hard a few hours before was now looking at me with her big orbs.

I hardly noticed how the doctor asked if Ro wanted to cut the umbilical cord and how he did it. I was so absorbed.

For a moment I took my eyes off her and looked up at Roman. He too had that proud, smitten look in his eyes. Our whole lives had changed. Cosima had now made us real parents. Parents of a baby we were blessed to be able to hold in our arms, that is.

Without saying a word, Roman gave me a loving kiss before we looked at the little girl again. Time seemed to stand still. Nothing was more important than us and the baby in these first moments of her life.

"Miss Hall, we are going to examine the little one now to make sure she is as perfect as she looks. Then we'll wash and measure her before you get her back as soon as possible. Also, I need to give you a few stitches. It'll be quick." the doctor then said.

Carefully the nurse took Cosima out of my arms as the doctor was already getting to work. I didn't feel it though, thanks to the epidural. But I think even if I would have felt it, it couldn't have been worse than the pain during childbirth.

My fiancé followed the nurse to make sure everything was okay with his little bean. He took a few more pictures of her and wrote down her measurements. 20.8 inches tall and weighing 8 pounds 10 ounces. No wonder she had a big head.

A few minutes later when he was back at my side, Roman stroked my forehead before pressing a kiss to it. I smiled tiredly at him.

"I should let the family know she's arrived. Can I leave you alone for a few minutes?" he wanted to know.

"Sure. But hurry up... I'm sure Cosima can't wait to be held in her daddy's arms." I replied.

"I love you." he said.

"I love you too," I replied.

Then he gave me another kiss before leaving the room. He was so proud that it was understandable that he wanted to tell our loved ones immediately. And luckily we had talked about everything before.

---------------

Roman POV

With quick steps I made my way to the waiting area. Upon seeing me, Cassia's mom immediately jumped to her feet and rushed towards me. So did her father and my mom had also arrived in the meantime. I should have expected that she wouldn't be waiting for news at our house.

"She's here! The baby is here!" I said and could hardly contain my joy.

"Congratulations! How are she and Cassia doing?" they asked me after we hugged it all out.

"They're both doing great. And she's as perfect as her mommy." I replied.

"Does the baby have a name yet?" her dad asked me.

"She sure does. Her name is Cosima Grace Reigns. And you guys are going to love her as much as we do. But for now, they both need rest. Cassia and I discussed that we would spend the first 24 hours alone with her. You could spend the night at our place and visit her tomorrow. Mom, I'm sure you don't mind bringing Cassia's parents to us, do you? Then Buttons won't be alone for so long," I replied.

"Of course. That's a good idea. Enjoy your time together. Tell Cassia we love her and we'll see you tomorrow." her mom said and gave me another big hug.

After that they went on their way, but of course I had to promise them to send some pictures of their granddaughter.

When I came back to the room after a few minutes, Cassia immediately looked at me. I could see how tired she was and how hard it was for her not to fall asleep. But at the same time, she probably didn't want to miss a second.

"Look Cosima... it's your daddy. And he can't wait to hold you." she cooed.

Ever so gently, I took the little bundle into my arms. And although the doctor said she was big, she seemed tiny to me.

"Daddy can't wait to take you and mommy home, my little rainbow. I love you and your mommy so much. You have no idea. But I'll tell you this... no boyfriends until you're 30. Got it?" I babbled.

In response, Cosima simply yawned. As if she understood and wanted to tell me how lame my idea was.

I looked at my future wife and saw that she had already fallen asleep. But still she had a smile on her lips. Maybe she was dreaming of marrying me soon, because it was what I had been dreaming about for a long time.