34 This is it

Cassia POV

"Has she still not burped?" I asked as I came out of the bathroom brushing my damp hair.

Roman was wandering up and down our bedroom while holding Cosima to his chest. He gently patted her back, but nothing happened. Well, except that our little one cooed softly to herself.

I enjoyed this sight more than I could put into words. And even at three months old, she still looked tiny in her daddy's arms. Even though she was a big baby for her age. I couldn't get enough of her chubby little legs. It would all grow into place on day. 

"No... I don't know what the problem is today either. What's wrong my little angel? Don't you want to go to sleep?" replied Ro.

He sounded a little worried. But one look at her perfect face was enough and I knew what was going on.

"I think she's just very comfortable in your arms. I can't say I blame her. After all, it's my favorite place in the world, too. Let me have her. Maybe I'll have better luck today," I said.

Roman handed the baby to me and I gently rocked her up and down as I patted her back a little more firmly.

"Isn't that too hard?" asked Ro.

"No.. Mom said sometimes it's better to get the air bubbles out," I replied.

Shortly after, I heard a now familiar bubbling sound. But it wasn't coming from the end I wanted. And the smell was equally unpleasant.

"Oh now I know what was going on..." I laughed.

"Whew... Kudos, baby girl... That was worse than some guys." said Roman as he also wrinkled his nose.

"Okay, Miss Cosima let's get you cleaned up." I said and gave my daughter a kiss on the head.

Carefully I laid her on the changing table before undressing her. When I opened the diaper I saw out of the corner of my eye how Buttons first came into the room, but then stopped, sniffed and then turned around again. I had to laugh. Apparently it was too much for her too.

Cosima, on the other hand, didn't mind a bit. She happily chewed on her little fists while I cleaned her up. Her daddy put his arms around my middle from behind and rested his chin on my shoulder.

"Are you looking forward to tomorrow?" he wanted to know.

"Yes...very much so. I hope I can find the right dress." I replied with a smile.

"You will, because you look breathtaking in everything, baby girl. Are you sure I can't come? I could postpone my flight." said Ro.

"As much as I wanted to... there are no boys allowed. Well, except for Elliott. Besides, I want to surprise you." I replied as I redressed Cosima.

"You have a point. Alright... Who's joining you?" he then wanted to know.

"You mean who you can ask for pictures?" I asked laughing.

"Um no. I just want to know who's going with you." he replied and I knew as well as he did that he felt busted.

"Just the moms and Hannah. It's the middle of the week and everyone else, like your sisters have to work. But it's honestly better that way. Too many opinions are often not good." I explained to him.

"I can't wait to see you as my bride. And remember... it doesn't matter what it costs...if you love it, you'll get it no matter what." he replied as he picked up the baby so I could wash my hands.

"We'll see." I said as I came back and gave him a kiss.

I knew there was no point in contradicting him, so I didn't even try.

-------------

"I think this is it..." I said as I stood behind the curtain and looked at myself in the mirror.

"Really? What are you waiting for? Let's see it!" exclaimed Mom.

The saleswoman pulled the curtain open again so my family could see me.

Hearing their aww's I knew they were as excited about the dress as I was. The delicate lace of the top, the flared tulle skirt, the sheer cap sleeves, and the sparkly details.

"You look beautiful, sweetheart! Doesn't your mommy look beautiful, Cosi?" my mom said with the baby in her arms.

"You look like a princess. Roman won't know how to breathe when he sees you like this." said Hannah with her little Elliott on her lap.

"Pat? What do you think?" asked my future mother-in-law.

She got up and stood in front of me. Then she looked at me very closely before she went to the rack with the veils and looked around. Carefully she took one of them in her hand and came back to me. She clipped it into my hair in just the right place.

"Now it's perfect. The perfect bride. You look stunning. And I'm glad you're part of my family. It's about time you all share the same last name." she then said as she took my hands in hers.

"Thank you Pat, that means so much to me." I whispered as tears welled up in my eyes.

She stood on her tiptoes and gave me a kiss on the forehead and then stroked my cheek.

It was another one of those moments that I would definitely never forget in my life. I was so grateful to have found not only Roman, but also his whole big, sometimes crazy, but so loving family.