Sinners and Saints

Black is bloody useless.

That is what Sebastian decided. He is hounded by the Beauxbatons Headmaster, and the Durmstrang only throws in more kindling into the flame, making pointed remarks.

At least Anna and Ominis are on his side. Otherwise, he'd have to stand against this tide of accusations on his own.

Well, not entirely. Other faculty members are much more helpful than their Headmaster, with Ronen managing to diffuse the situations - so far - with his humour, or Sharp deciding that enough is enough and standing between him and Avelier, or Weasley reminding the Frenchman that there is no evidence one way or another and that while the investigation continues to not make any accusations.

But the time is running out.

They cannot stall forever.

He has to make the move. And so, he stands in the shadowy gallery of the Transfiguration courtyard near the pond, watching the people in black, red and blue stream past. His wand in hand, the tip rolling between his fingers.

He knows they will be passing by soon. He doesn't take Transfiguration anymore, but Anna and Ominis do, and so do the majority of foreign students.

His two lovers pass by, with Anna throwing a suspicious glance at him - his little bird has always been observant, and she doesn't miss him skulking about in the shadows. She squeezes Ominis' forearm and whispers something in his ear, no doubt to alert him that he is up to no good.

She is right.

Olesya and her friend, her little shadow, walk past, and Sebastian silently casts a harmless jinx that makes the girl's shoelaces untie. She notices and stops to fix it, with the Durmstrang Champion continuing to walk forward. That's his chance.

"Legillemens," Sebastian whispers. He doesn't think he'll ever be able to cast this spell without saying it out loud, but it is good enough right now.

Diving into the mind of a person he has never met is different from Anna's who he knows, loves, respects and hopefully understands? That last one has always been questionable, her Ravenclaw mind always flying a million miles a minute, often leaving him to wonder what goes on in there. Even after taking a peek inside, he is no better at understanding her thought process, in all its wonder and glory.

No, this is a completely different experience.

It's grating, like sandpaper straight across his brain. Discordant sounds and wails, where is it coming from? Pain, so much pain, searing despair, coldest of hate.

It tears him apart, voices and pleas, not in a language he knows but one that he understands.

Jealousy. He knows its poisonous sting well.

Hatred. Cold and calculating, willing to do anything to reach the goal.

And... love?

Not the love he knows. More of an... obsession.

His head begins to hurt as his mind is trying to cope with the jagged edges of another consciousness digging into him, his mind reeling trying to comprehend something impossible, illogical yet so human. He bites back a scream, gritting his teeth as he feels his sanity fraying at the touch of the girl's lack of it.

The pain is almost unbearable, tearing at him inside out from his skull and his chest, the feelings the girl keeps hidden away under the surface so raw Sebastian has to grasp at the front of his shirt, the feeling of an open wound throbbing there.

Are you happy now, are you happy now? Please, I've given you everything you ever wanted, I sabotaged the other's chances, I did everything for you, please-