Courage and Cunning

The first match of the season, Gryffindor vs Slytherin, is approaching fast, and so does Sebastian's debut as a Keeper. Of the Quidditch kind.

Then, a week later her House will play against the Hufflepuffs, and Anna will test her mettle in her first-ever match.

Anna is enjoying her tea when Imelda gets up from the bench.

"Alright, Slytherin team, let's go!"

The members of the team grumble as they take a few last bites. Sebastian, on the other hand, is more concerned with-

"Ugh, Sallow, get a room after," Imelda groans.

Anna has been pulled into Sebastian's broad chest and could only whimper as he proceeded to kiss her like there was no one else in the Hall, his lips parting and his tongue demanding. One hand wrapped around her waist and the other squeezing her buttock through the fabric of her skirts, she melts into his embrace, forgetting the judgemental eyes on them for a moment.

He breaks away all too soon and looks down into her eyes, wicked and dastardly. Her heart stutters.

"Watch me."

"I- I will," she whispers her promise and Sebastian lets go of her and gets up from the bench. Anna breathes out, her cheeks hot. So many people would have seen that, and after the revelation last week, she'd rather keep low to the ground, but... well.

She is wearing Sebastian's scarf. Not only for warmth or because he likes seeing her wear his colours this time. This time she is actually cheering him on.

Ominis sighs and shakes his head.

"Get going, Sebastian. And do try to break Prewett's nose."

"Oh, I'm hoping for much more than that," Sebastian's voice is tight with barely controlled rage.

Anna didn't say a word of the vile proposition Leander made to her. She wouldn't repeat such disgusting filth, rather preferring to let it die.

But Poppy had no such reservations. Incensed by what she saw and heard on the bridge, she told Anne.

And of course, Anne told Sebastian. Anna had to Full Body-Bind jinx her lover to stop him from tearing off on a murderous rampage. Sebastian had that familiar killing intent in his eyes.

Not that it wouldn't please her to see Leander fucking Prewett beaten into a bloody pulp. But this close to graduation, she would rather them all be done and past it.

She had it up to here with petty drama. Despite all her love for the castle and its grounds themselves, she'd rather not deal with the people intermittently living in it.

Very few of her peers she actually likes, and even fewer she respects. Last year's scandals and rumours really did show who stood by her through thick and thin. This year's reprise brought her no new revelations, aside from even more jealousy.

Ominis was widely thought by the student body to be disinterested in any more romance after what happened last year, though many had pined after the devastatingly beautiful, sarcastic and eloquent pureblood.

Now that it was revealed that he was in a relationship with Anna for as long - longer, even, counting the few months of interlude when she broke things off with Sebastian during his descent into darkness - as his friend has been... well, she had to be careful when she opened her bag or handled sharp objects.

Jinxes and mean pranks were following her for over a week now. But nothing she can't deal with.

"Shall we go?" She nudges Ominis under the table. His hand caresses her thigh as he smiles softly.