Chapter 10

Carolyn

I woke up the next morning really early. I looked over towards the window and saw the sun was barley up. I climbed out of bed and threw on my pair of black vans. I grabbed the spare hotel key off of the desk and quietly left the hotel room. I got to the emergency stairs and climbed up to the rooftop. I walked over to the edge of the building and sat cross-legged on the ledge. I looked out towards the city as the sun finally rose over the horizon.

"Hey you."

I heard a voice behind me. I turned around to see Jeremy.

Jeremy

I woke up and Carolyn wasn't in bed next to me. I sat up quickly and got out of bed. I threw on my shirt and a pair of shoes. I left the hotel room and heard the door to the back stairs close. I ran over to the stairs and started running up them. They lead me to the rooftop. I quietly opened the door and saw Carolyn sitting on the ledge of the building, looking out at the city.

"Hey you." I called out.

She turned around and looked at me.

"Jeremy?"

I smiled.

Carolyn

"Jeremy?" I said.

He just smiled. "Mind if I sit with you?"

I shook my head. He walked over and sat down next to me. I turned back to the city. A little to my right, I could see The Statue of Liberty.

"Do you do this often?" He asked. "Getting up this early just to see the sun rise?"

"I've always loved sunrises and sunsets. Even when I was little. I would always wake up and open my curtains to see the sun rise, and I would never fall asleep before seeing the sunset."

"They are beautiful." he said.

I turned to face him, and he did too. He leaned in and and I did as well. I closed my eyes and Jeremy's lips touched mine. He put his hands on the side of my face as I leaned deeper into the kiss. All I felt were sparks of electricity running through my whole body. He pulled away, but kept his hands on the side of my face. He rested his forehead on mine. I kept my eyes closed and smiled. That was when I realized, I'm falling for him.

~~~~~~~

"We just need Juliet's parts right?" I asked Andy.

We just finished the album. So, all we have to do is get Juliet's parts, edit everything together, and put all the songs in order.

"Yeah." He smiled.

"I can't believe when Warped Tour's half over, you'll be back in LA." Ashley said.

"It wont be the same." CC said.

"I'm going to miss this ball of sunshine," Jake said. "tackling Andy whenever he steals her Skippy. Jamming out with CC on the drums. Having that drinking contest with Ashley. Me showing you some sweet guitar tricks. And, whatever you an Jinxx do. Which I do not want to find out."

Jeremy and I laughed.

"Trust me, you don't." He said.

~~~~~~~

The guys and I were walking the streets of New York City, when I heard a familiar someone call my name.

"Carolyn?"

I turned around to see one of the few people who saved me from my living nightmare.

"Alice?"

She pulled me into a hug.

"Its been what, four years?"

"Yeah." I smiled. "Guys, this is Alice. She was pretty much my guardian angel who helped me get to LA. Alice, this is Andy, Jake, CC, Ashley, and Jinxx."

"Oh. Hi." She said a little rudely. "So, what are you doing here? Carson could be anywhere."

"I know. But I'm not safe anywhere anymore. But I have a new guardian angel who's protecting me now."

I grabbed a hold of Jeremy's hand and intertwined our fingers. I looked up at him and smiled.

"Just, be careful. Okay?"

"Don't worry."

I turned around to see the other guys were gone. I looked up to Jeremy and he shrugged.

"C'mon! I know you you miss Aunt Tilda's ice cream. I was heading over there now."

"Sure."

We walked a couple blocks before entering the small ice cream shop. A couple guys started checking me out, and Jeremy grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. He kissed my cheek and I felt the heat rise to my cheeks.

"Oh my goodness. Is that who I think it is?" The elderly woman behind the cash register said.

"Hi Aunt Tilda." I smiled.

"Well don't just stand there. Come over here and give me a hug."

I went around the counter and gave her a hug.

"Now, what can I get you kids?"

Alice told Aunt Tilda her order. "Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough with chocolate and Carmel sauce."

I looked up at Jeremy and he smiled.

"Mint Chocolate Chip with chocolate sauce, sprinkles, whipped cream, and a cherry on top." He said.

He kissed the side of my head before paying. We followed Alice towards the back and sat down in a booth.

"So, you used to come here a lot." Jeremy asked.

"Yeah." She said rudely again. "Me and Carolyn would come here everyday after school. We would help out around the shop."

She took another bite of her ice cream. Jeremy fed me a bite of our ice cream before taking a bite of his own.

"Um, Alice, can I talk to you for a second please?" I asked her.

"Sure."

We got up and went outside.

"What the hell is wrong with you!" I said. "Why are you treating my friends like shit!"

"I'm just trying to protect you." she said. "Don't you remember what happened with Carson?"

"I do, and they're nothing like that. Jinxx won't hurt me. He's to sweet to do that, and he's been going through some tough times lately. Some worse than mine. I trust him. And if you don't accept that, then we can't be friends anymore."

I turned on my heal and went back into the ice cream place and sat down with Jeremy.