Chapter 18

Jinxx

The day wasn't that bad, until the surfing instructor started flirting with Carolyn. She kept saying it was no big deal and that I was just jealous that he knows how to surf better than me. But I know what I saw, and I didn't like it.

"I'm kind of hungry. How about you?" She came up to me.

"Yeah. We can get some lunch."

She started heading down the beach to the seafood restaurant that we passed this morning.

"You coming?" She said.

"Yeah. You go on without me. I'll catch up in a minute."

"Okay." She said hesitantly and started heading down the beach.

God. I really need to stop staring at her ass when she walks away. Great! I'm turning onto Ashley! I turned around and went up to the surfing instructor.

"Hey." I said when I saw he was waxing down the surfboard.

"What? You wanna try and show me up? I've been surfing my whole life, and you've been surfing for what a year?"

"Five actually. And no, I don't want to show you up. I want you to know that you should stop flirting with my girlfriend."

"You really think she'll want to stay with an emo faggot like you? She can do so much better." He flipped his blond hair off of his forehead.

"She's perfectly fine with me. And she doesn't need some Hawaiian surfer-who she clearly, doesn't know-to be in her fucking life."

"Are you so sure about that? Because it wasn't me who was flirting."

"I fucking saw you do it!"

"And what are you going to do about it? Huh?"

I didn't say a word. Instead, punched him square in the nose. Hearing the bone crack. I just broke his nose.

"Serves you right for flirting with my fucking girlfriend."

I walked away with a smile on my face.

~~~~~~~

"YOU WHAT!?!?"

We were back at the hotel that night and Carolyn just found out what happened before lunch.

"I punched him in the face, and ended up breaking his nose." I said casually.

"Why? He's such a nice guy-"

"I was just trying to protect the one I love."

"But you didn't need to punch him!" She stood over me.

"He was flirting with you!" I shot up from my seat and towered over her.

I placed my hands on her cheeks, wiping away the few tears that ran down her face.

"I just don't want to lose you." I whispered and rested my forehead on hers. "I'm sorry. I really am."

"Just, don't do it again, okay?"

"Alright. I promise I won't break a surfer's nose for flirting with my girlfriend."

She looked up at me with bloodshot eyes and frustration. I pulled her into my chest and she tightened her grip on my waist. I picked her up and carried her to the bed. I climbed in next to her and pulled the covers over us before I pulled her as close to me as possible.

"Can you forgive me?" I asked her.

She didn't say anything. She looked at me with her big green eyes before kissing me. I pulled her on top of me as my hands trailed up her shirt.

"I'm taking this as a yes?" I said when we pulled away.

She smiled before kissing me again. You probably know what happened after that.

~~~~~~~

Carolyn

"You almost ready?" Jeremy said.

"Yeah. Just a minute!"

I threw my last few things in my bag before zipping it up. It was Jeremy and I's last day here in Hawaii. It was really fun. I hope we can go on vacation again. Maybe we can go somewhere else, like Aruba, Sydney, even Paris! I carried my suitcase out of the bedroom and into the main room of the suite.

"You ready?" He asked.

I smiled and nodded my head. We grabbed our bags and made our way to the lobby to check out. We checked out and went to the car. We took our semi-long drive back to the airport and went through security. We boarded the plane and I sat down next to the window, pulling my legs up to my chest. Jeremy sat down next to me and kissed my cheek.

"You okay?" He asked.

I nodded my head. "The sad part is that we have to go back to reality once we land back in LA."

He sighed. "Yeah. But it will be okay."

I nodded my head. I leaned my head on his shoulder as the plane took off.

"Hey, I have the perfect idea!"

I looked up at him.

"What if you moved in with me. That way, we could spend as much time together as possible!"

I put down the arm rest that was between us and hugged his waist.

"I think its a great idea."

The plane was in the air, and I pulled my legs up to my chest and rested my arms on my knees. I looked out the window at the surrounding clouds. I felt Jeremy's arms snake around my waist and he rested his head on my shoulder.