chapter 22

Jinxx

We're already halfway done with the album being recorded. Andy was currently recording the main vocal parts for "Goodbye Agony" when I got a phone call. It was Carolyn.

"Hey Care!" I said.

"H-hey." She sounded nervous and slightly scared.

"Care, what's wrong?"

"I-I'm scared Jeremy. Myra just called me. She said Carson broke into her apartment. A-and he wants me back. H-he almost found me Jeremy! He's going to find me a-and take me away from you!" I could hear her crying through the phone.

"Care, calm down. He's not going to find you. The only people who know where we live are the guys, some of my friends, and my parents. You'll be okay."

"A-are you sure?"

"If you don't feel safe, lock the door and windows, and don't answer the phone or the door. I promise nothing is going to happen to you."

"O-okay."

"I'll be home before you know it."

"O-okay. I love you."

"I love you too. I'll talk to you later."

"Bye."

She hung up without another word. I groaned in frustration.

"What's up?" Jake asked.

"Carolyn's fliping shit right now. Her ex found where she used to live and she thinks he's going to find her. I swear to god, if he finds her and fucking rapes her again, I will personally kill him."

"Wait. Again?"

"He, um, raped her back when they were dating in high school. She was knocked up, but lost the kid shortly after. That's why she ran away from home after graduation. But somehow he found her when we were on tour and almost raped her in a closet. And then the nightmares started to come back. It's just been pretty fucked up lately."

"Wow. I never knew anything like that could happen to a sweet girl like her."

"That's exactly what I thought."

"Alright. If you feel like you need to go home early, we're not stopping you. We all know how much you care about Carolyn. And if she's in danger you need to be there to protect her. That's your job."

I smiled a little. "Thanks Jake. I really needed that."

He gave me a quick bro hug before Bob called us into the recording booth to finish tracking any guitar parts Jake and I didn't record already in our home studios.

Carolyn

I sat on the couch, cuddling with Jeremy's cat Mao. She's so fucking soft and the perfect cuddle buddy. She pawed at my inverted cross necklace (the one Jeremy gave me) while I stroked the top of her head.

"Where's your brother, huh?" I asked her. "He's bound to be somewhere right?"

She just meowed at me, then hissed at something behind me.

"What is it Mao?" I turned around to face the window.

It was dark, but I think I saw an outline of a person looking into my window. I gasped and stood up, cradling Mao in my arms, and walked straight into the dark bedroom. I quickly drew the curtains making the room almost pitch black.

"You'll protect me until daddy comes back, right?" I asked Mao.

She looked at me and meowed again.

"I'll take that as a yes."

I felt something jump onto the edge of the bed and made its way over to me.

"There you are Orange." I pulled him closer to me. "You'll take care of me too."

He purred and rubbed his nose against my cheek. Mao climbed onto Jeremy's pillow and fell asleep.

"Goodnight my kitties." I said. "Night Jeremy."

I closed my eyes and fell asleep stroking Orange's fur.

~~~~~~~

I kept all the curtains shut since that night. I've never used the phone unless I've called Jeremy, or he's called me. The three weeks are almost up and I couldn't wait to be back in his arms. I was making myself breakfast while Mao rubbed her cheek against my leg.

"Hi girl." I picked her up after sliding my food onto a plate. "Aren't you being a little princess today. Is it because daddy's coming home today?"

She just meowed and rested her head on my shoulder. I giggled a little and stroked her fur before setting her back down. I grabbed my breakfast and quickly ate it before getting my kitties their breakfast as well.

"Mao! Orange! Come get your breakfast!" I said.

Orange came running from the bedroom and right to the food. Mao didn't come for some reason. I went to the living room to see Mao sitting in front of the door with her unhappy face on.

"Mao, what's wrong?"

She turned to me and meowed before turning back to the door. I looked through the peep hole and saw no one.

"There's no one out there baby."

She turned towards the window and hissed. Jeremy shouldn't be home till tonight. I decided to peek through the curtains, but saw nothing, again.

"Mao, just go eat your breakfast. Your just being a crazy cat."

Just then, I heard a crash. Like a window breaking from the kitchen. I picked up Mao and quietly ran into the bedroom where Orange was already at. I picked him up as well and hid in the closet behind some of Jeremy's clothes. I held both cats close to me hoped to god that whoever was breaking into the house wasn't Carson.