chapter 26

Jinxx

Care and I made our way up the steps and to the front door. With a shaky hand, she ringed the doorbell. The door opened to a woman with Care's bright green eyes, and greying hair.

"Well, look who decided to come back, with an unwanted guest." She sneered at Care.

"Just give me my cats back." She said.

"Didn't you read the note your boyfriend left you? You for the dumb animals."

"Don't insult my fucking pets! And Carson's NOT my boyfriend!" She yelled.

"Suit yourself." She grabbed a hold of Care's arm and started pulling her inside.

I kept a firm grip on Care's side and she barley moved from her spot. It's obvious that I'm much stronger than her mother.

"Just give me my fucking cats, and you won't have to deal with the cops." I said.

"You think the cops can stop us from taking our daughter home?"

"She's an adult, and there are records of you, her father, and her ex-boyfriend abusing her. So yeah. I think the cops can stop you."

The police then got out of their cars and pushed past us and into the house. I pulled Care off the front porch and back towards the car. Ten minutes later, two cops came out with Care's parents in handcuffs and they were shoved in the back seats of the police cruisers. The chief came out of the house and walked up to us.

"The younger male managed to jump out a window and get away. We have a few officers trying to catch them. But the good news is, we rescued these guys."

Two female officers walked out of the house carrying our cats.

"Oh my god!" Care took Mao out of one of the officer's arms and held her close.

"Hey little guy." I said to Orange and took him from the other officer's arms.

I looked over to care and saw Mao pawing Care's nose. She giggled at Mao's actions and looked over to me.

"Thank you so much. I know its going to be hard to catch the other guy. Believe me, my friends and I have caught him at concerts looking for my girlfriend for months."

"Thank you for the informant. We will try our best to catch him before he can get to your girlfriend again."

I nodded my head and he went to his car. Care and I put the cats into the back seat and we made our way home.

~~~~~~~

I sat on the couch in the living room, stroking Orange's fur. Care and I leave in a week and a half, so we're trying to spend as much time with the cats as possible before we have to hand them over to the sitter. I kissed the top of his head before standing up and finding Care in the kitchen. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her closer to me.

"Jeremy, what are you doing?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to see my girl."

"I thought you were spending time with Orange."

"I got bored." I kissed her cheek. "Is lunch almost ready?"

She nodded her head. "I just finished."

"Great. Cause I'm starving."

Carolyn Soul

After lunch, I stood up from my seat and took the plates. I started to feel a little dizzy, but I brushed it off. I sat down next to Jeremy on the couch in the living room and the dizziness went away. I leaned back into his touch and watched whatever movie was playing on the screen. Halfway through the movie, I had the urge to pee. I stood up to head to the bathroom when the dizziness came back. I brushed it off again and made it to the bathroom. Black spots began to blur my vision before I collapsed onto the bathroom floor.

"Carolyn!"

Jeremy was at my side in seconds. He was on the phone talking to someone, but I couldn't hear what he was saying. I saw him mouth to me that it was going to be okay before the blackness consumed me.

~~~~~~~

All I saw was darkness. I looked around to try find someone, but there was no one here. I must be dead. Or maybe its all some fucked up dream. I felt something on my forehead then realized it was Jeremy's lips kissing my forehead, even though he was nowhere to be seen.

"Please wake up." I heard him whisper.

I must be dreaming. I closed my eyes tight and opened them again to be blinded by a white light. I blinked to adjust to the brightness of the room, and looked over to Jeremy.

"Hi." He smiled.

"H-hi." My voice scratchy from not talking for god knows how long. "How long was I out?"

"Only a couple hours, but I was so worried." He kissed my forehead.

The door opened to reveal a doctor. "I'm Dr. Davidson." He said. "How are you feeling miss. Soul?"

"Um, okay. . .I guess?"

He looked down at his charts he was carrying. "It appears that your blood pressure and hydration levels were very low and severely deadly. That was the cause for you passing out." He looked down at his charts again. "We had also done some other tests, and it appears you are pregnant."

"What?!" Jeremy and I said, and I shot up from where I was laying.

I sat there in shock as the doctor explained to Jeremy when I will leave. He left to fetch a nurse to check my blood pressure before I leave. I looked down at my hands when Jeremy wrapped his arms around me.

"Do you want to talk about this?"

"No." I said harshly.

A nurse came in and took my blood pressure. She removed the IV from my hand and left. Jeremy helped me into some clothes and we went down to the front desk to release me and left.

"Care." Jeremy said, but I just kept walking. "Care." He said again, and I kept walking. "Carolyn!" He grabbed a hold of my arm and spun me around so I was facing him. "Listen to me-"

"No, you listen to me." I snapped. "I didn't want to be pregnant. Especially this early in our relationship."

"We've been dating for a year n-"

"That doesn't mean I wanted a kid!" I looked down at our shoes. "You know I had a miscarriage before. And I don't want you to be upset if it happens again." A tear slipped from my eye and Jeremy wiped it away before it fell, and lifted my chin.

"That was a long time ago. And you didn't want a baby back then. Maybe this time will be different."

He kissed my forehead and took my hand. We walked to his car and got in. He started the car and we drove home. We went inside and I sat down on the couch. Jeremy sat down next to me and pulled me closer to him, wrapping his arms around me. I gripped onto his black t-shirt and cried into his shoulder.

"Shh. Shh. Shh." He stroked my hair. "Everything will be okay. I told you that I would stay with you no mater what. Remember that?"

He lifted my chin so I was looking up at him. I smiled a little and Jeremy kissed my nose. He wiped away the tears and kissed me.

"C'mon. It's been a long day, we should head off to bed."

I nodded my head. We stood up and went to the bedroom. I changed into one of Jeremy's old band shirts and a pair of shorts. I laid down on my side, facing away from Jeremy's side of the bed. He shut off the lights and climbed into bed before wrapped an arm around me and pulled me closer to him. He buried his face in the crook of my neck.

"We'll be okay." He whispered.

He kissed my cheek and rested his hand on my stomach.

"All of us."