chapter 25

Carolyn

Jeremy was out with the guys so I was completely alone. We called the cops telling them that there's been a kidnapping of two animals for a ransom of me. I thought they weren't going to do anything until Jeremy said they might be getting abused. Only then did they decide to step up and help search for my parents and Carson.

I just finished going through our pictures to find any surviving ones. The guys were helping Jeremy fix his old guitars, and replace his Schecter guitars. Then he was going to replace all his other equipment. I found someone that might be able to fix Jeremy's first violin, and I'm heading over to their place now.

I pulled up to a house in Hollywood and got out of the car. I grabbed the violin case from the passenger seat and walked up to the front door. I knocked on the door and a little girl opened it.

"Can I help you?" She asked.

"I'm looking for Stevie Luca?"

"Oh! You must be Carolyn Soul. Come in! Stevie will be with you in just a moment!"

She lead me into the living room before running out of the room to get Stevie. I sat in silence for a few minutes until a girl around eighteen walked into the room.

"You must be Carolyn. I'm Stevie." She held a hand out for me to shake.

We quickly shook hand and she lead me to a back room full of instruments and repair equipment.

"Let's see this violin."

I set the case on the table in front of me and opened it. She gasped at the sight.

"This is worse than I thought. How important is this violin?"

"Its his first one. He's had it since he was about eight. The only remaining item of his remembrance of his grandfather."

"Alright." She put on a pair of glasses. "I'll see what I can do. Hopefully I can save this piece of history. Your lucky the bow wasn't destroyed as well."

I nodded my head. "How long do you think it will take to fix it?"

"How soon do you need it?"

"Not for a while."

She nodded her head. "Give me about three weeks. I'll try my best to keep the original parts as much as possible."

"Thank you so much." I told her.

I left the house and drove back to the apartment. I made my way up to the front door and unlocked it. I stepped inside the apartment and saw Jeremy sitting on the couch.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey." He replied, looking back down at the picture frame he was holding.

I went over to him and sat down next to him. I noticed the picture was of me cuddling with Mao and Orange in my sleep. This was taken not long after I moved in. I rested my head on his shoulder and looked at the picture with him.

"I miss them so fucking much." He said.

"I know. I do too." I told him.

That was when I realized something. All the picture frames were broken. Carson destroyed every single picture frame in the apartment.

"Wait. Let me see that."

I took the frame from his hands and turned it over. I took the photo out of the frame and saw a note on the inside of the frame.

Come to this address if you want to see your cats alive. You have three weeks.

Carson

The address was written below the note.

"Maybe we should call the police. Give them a heads up on where Carson is keeping them." Jeremy said.

"Yeah. We can do that."

I stood up and left the room as Jeremy called the police station. I went into the kitchen and started making dinner. Half an hour later, Jeremy came in and helped with dinner. We ate in silence and I immediately went to bed. Jeremy came in shortly after and sat down on the edge of the bed near my waist.

"I'll come to bed soon. Right now I need to talk to Jake about some things before we start tour." He said.

"Okay."

He kissed my forehead before standing up. "I promise we'll get them back before tour even starts."

I nodded my head and curled up under the covers before falling asleep.

~~~~~~~

A two weeks went by, and there was still no news about Carson, or our cats. Jeremy decided to take matters into his own hands. You would think the police would at least acknowledge the fact three abusive psychos are on the loose and is looking for one girl that is being protected mainly by her boyfriend, the first guy she's ever fully trusted. But, I guess not. We used the address I found and got the location. Our cats are all the way in Santa Cruz. Jeremy called the police department in that area and we were all set. The guys are leaving in three weeks, so we need to get them now. I told Jeremy I was going with him. No excuses.

"I just want you safe." He said.

"I know. And I will. I promise." I told him.

He pulled me into a hug. I pulled away and started dragging him to the car. We got in our seats and Jeremy started the car. We made our way to the police station in Santa Cruz where we talked to the chief and how they were going to arrest my parents and Carson, and get our cats back unharmed. We lead the police cruisers to the house. When we pulled up, all I felt was pain in my chest. Knowing that our kitties were somewhere behind that door just made me scared for them. Mao, she could be a fighter if she wanted to. Orange can get a little feisty, but can't fully protect himself.

"You alright?" Jeremy asked.

"I'm just a little scared for them. What if they really did get hurt? I don't know what I would do if something happened to them."

He leaned over and pulled me into a hug. "They'll be okay. And this will all be over." He pulled away and smiled. "Now lets go get them."