Chapter 12

Carolyn

A few weeks went by and Warped Tour is finally about to start. We were back in LA for about a week. I have been staying with Jeremy this past week because my nightmares started coming back.

*flashback*

I woke up screaming. I pulled my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around my legs. I couldn't breathe and was gasping for air. Jeremy woke up after I screamed. He managed to turn me around so I was facing him and cupped my cheeks with his rough hands.

"Shh shh, its okay. Everything is okay. Its just a dream. Shh shh shh. Calm down, your okay. I'm here, I'm here. No one's going to get you. Shh. Your safe, your safe. Deep breaths, shh."

I managed to even out my breathing. He pulled me onto his lap. I gripped onto the sheet that covered the bottom half of his warm body. He continued to reassure me that everything was okay. I buried my head into his bare chest and he brushed his fingers through my knotted up hair.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?" He said to me.

I slowly nodded my head. "Carson found me again. I ran away from him and I thought I lost him. But I turned around and he was there. Then we were on the tour bus in the bathroom. We sat on the floor and I was crying into your chest. He, he raped me again. A-and I told you I was p-pregnant. But y-you left, saying that you d-didn't want to date a s-slut like m-me!"

Tears started flowing down my cheeks again. Jeremy's grip grew tighter on me. He gently pulled me away from his now tear-stained body and cupped my cheeks again.

"I would never leave you." His bright blue eyes stared into my dull green eyes. "Even for something like that. I would help you no matter what. Rather it was my fault or not."

"R-really?" I managed to choke out.

"Of course."

He laid us down and pulled me closer to him, draping the sheets over us. He kissed the top of my head as I slowly drifted off to sleep.

*End Of Flashback*

I walked into the kitchen to see Jeremy making us dinner. I jumped up onto the counter on the opposite side where Jeremy had the stove on. He leaned over and kissed my bare shoulder. I of course forgot to put on a bra, and Jeremy's shirt that I was wearing was sliding off my left shoulder- because of how big the shirt was.

"God I love it when you wear my shirts." He said and kissed my shoulder again. "You look so fucking cute."

I felt the heat rise to my cheeks and turned my head so he couldn't see my face.

"Hey." He placed a finger under my chin and turned my head so I was looking at you. "Don't be hiding that pretty face of yours."

He kissed my lips briefly before going back to our dinner. Every once-in-a-while, he would lean over and kiss any bare spot on me. After ten minutes, he threw me over his shoulder and carried me across the kitchen and carefully set me down in one of the chairs around his kitchen table.

"Close your eyes." He told me

"Why?" I asked him.

"It's a surprise."

I closed my eyes and felt him wrap a bandana around my eyes to make sure I didn't look. A minute later, the bandana was taken off and I was told to open my eyes. I opened my eyes to see Jeremy made an entire Italian dinner.

"I know how much you love Italian and how you missed it on tour. And what better way then for me to make you Italian the last day we're home before Warped Tour." Jeremy smiled.

I looked over the table in front of me. Jeremy had a dark red table cloth over the table. The lights were dimmed and a single candle was lit in the middle of the table. Chicken parmesan was set on a plate in front of us, and a bowl of garlic bread was set next to the candle.

"Now I feel under dressed." I told him.

"We're both in sweatpants. And we're alone. I don't think it really matters what we're wearing." He laughed.

"Then what's the occasion?"

He smiled. "Three months ago, I met the most beautiful girl I have ever seen in a local bar. Now, she's been my girlfriend for almost two months."

"Why does it sound like your proposing to me?"

"Maybe I am." He got down on one knee and held out a velvet box. "It's not an official proposal, but," He opened the box to reveal a cross necklace with the name "Jinxx" engraved into it. "I wanted to make it a promise. A promise that I would never leave you for any reason. And, I promise that, one day this will be a proposal."

"What's in it for me."

He smiled. "Promise me you won't ever take this off."

"Of course." I smiled.

He lifted the cross from the box and put it on for me. He kissed my cheek and went back to his seat.

"Let's eat."

Dinner was quiet. Not because we didn't have anything to say, Jeremy is amazing at cooking. He even made his own special sauce, just for when we want Italian. He cleaned up the dishes while I blew out the candle and put away the fancy table cloth. We finished up and decided to watch a movie. When it finished, I was almost asleep. I felt Jeremy pick me up bridal style and carried me to his room. He laid me down on the bed and pulled the blanket over me. He climbed in and draped an arm around me, pulling me closer to him.

"Night Carolyn. Sweet dreams."

I curled into his body before falling into a deep dreamless sleep.