Chapter 7

Carolyn

"Carolyn," Jeremy said. "please, tell me. I need to know who he is."

I buried my head more into his chest. I didn't want to talk about Carson. He ruined me. He was one of the main reasons I had to leave my life behind.

"His name is Carson. He's my . . . ex-boyfriend." I said. "He's one of the main reasons I moved - or ran away - from my home in New York to LA."

"What happened?"

"He . . . raped, me."

I felt Jeremy's grip grow tighter on me. We've been laying in his bed for three days now. He never left my side. We were on our way to Pittsburgh for the next show.

"What?"

I nodded my head. I could feel hot tears start to form around my eyes. He almost ruined my career.

"I-I was pregnant, but I lost the baby. I was sixteen when it happened. I thought he would never find me, but I guess I was wrong."

My grip grew tighter on Jeremy's shirt as I felt the tears stream down my face. He stroked my hair and tried to calm me down.

"Shh. Shh. Shh. It's okay. You'll be fine as long as your near me. He won't ever get near you as long as I'm here."

I looked up to him. I probably look like shit at the moment. I know my hair is probably a rats nest, but Jeremy never says anything.

"Promise me you'll protect me. I need to know that someone will protect me from him. That won't be the last time I see him."

"I promise from the bottom of my heart."

He kissed the top of my head before I drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~~~

I woke up the next morning alone.

"Jinxx?" I called.

He came back a minute later shirtless. He had his makeup on and his hair done as well.

"Interviews all day." He said.

I nodded my head. He sat down next to me and pulled me into a hug. I leaned into his touch. He kissed my forehead and helped me up to my feet. He lead me to the bathroom and turned the shower on. He left the room for a second and came back with a change of clothes for me. I thanked him and he left the bathroom, saying he'll be in the front of the bus with the rest of the guys. I stepped out of my pajamas I was wearing for the past two days and stepped into to the shower. Twenty minutes went by before I finally decided to get out. I turned the water off and and stepped out of the shower and dried my hair with a towel. I put on the clothes Jeremy gave me. I brushed my wet hair with a comb before drying my hair with a hairdryer. I unplugged the hairdryer before turning the bathroom light off and leaving the bathroom to actually eat something.

"Hey Carolyn." Andy said with his mouth full of pancakes. "Want some pancakes? Jinxx just finished making some."

"Uh, sure." I said sitting down next to Ashley.

Ashley turned to look at me and smiled before giving me a hug.

"Haven't seen you in days." He said. "What was up with you and Jinxx? Since we left Vegas, you've been hiding with Jinxx in his bunk."

"Um,-"

"She was a little sick." Jeremy lied. "She must have caught something in Las Vegas and never noticed it until we left."

Jeremy placed a plate of pancakes in front of me, as well as a fork and my jar of Skippy peanut butter.

"Hey!" Andy yelled. "No one is aloud to have Skippy without me! I thought we had this clear Carolyn!"

I just smeared the peanut butter on top of my pancakes and started eating them. Andy grabbed the peanut butter jar from me and ran into the bunk room.

"Hey!" I yelled. "I was using that!"

I ran after him. He almost made it to the back room, but I tackled him. He fell to the ground with a thump. I grabbed the jar of Skippy out of his hand and ran back to the front of the bus.

"It's my Skippy Andy!" I yelled towards the back of the bus "I wrote my name on the lid before I stepped foot on this bus!"

I sat back down in front of my breakfast. I finished eating my pancakes with Jeremy.

"So," Jeremy said. "Since we'll be in Pittsburgh tonight, and we won't have a show until tomorrow. Would you go out with me?"

I was speechless. Yea I like him, but I didn't think he would ask me out.

"I would love to." I said.

~~~~~~~

"How old are you again?" I asked him.

"Tewnty-seven." He said. "You?"

"I'm twenty-one. That's a six year gap."

We were at some pub, not far from PNC park. I took another bite from a french fry on my plate. Jeremy and I talked a lot tonight. We know hell of a lot more about each other then when we first meet, which was almost two months ago.

"You ready to go?" He asked.

I took one last sip of my coke before nodding. He left a tip and we left the pub. We walked outside and down the street. The hotel we were staying at wasn't that far, about ten blocks, so we just walked. We got back to the hotel and went up to our rooms. Jeremy made sure that we had our rooms connect so he could get to my room faster if anything happened.

"Thank you, for tonight." I said when we finally got to my room. "It was fun."

"Good." he smiled. "We should do this again. Maybe, ten days? We'll be in NYC and there's a really nice restaurant I have always wanted to take someone out to."

"Okay."

He kissed my cheek. "I'll see you in the morning."

I slipped into my hotel room. I hopped in the shower. I threw my hair up in a messy bun and threw on a pair of pajamas and climbed into bed. I quietly played acoustic versions of my favorite songs before falling asleep to Knives And Pens.

~~~~~~~

Jake at the top ^^^

ILY my little penguins!

~Jo❤️