12-Erica

Austin Brooks

Finally. It's Saturday. Erica is on her way! Except for food everything else is ready. Me and my dad were waiting for her at the airport holding a 'welcome home' banner.
In the midst of the crowd I spot her waving her hands off at us and grinning widely. I ran up to her and pulled her into a bone crashing hug.

"Oh my god, I can't believe you're finally here! You look so good"

"Look who's talking. You had a whole ass glow up" she smirks. She goes to hug my dad while i carry her luggage. Super heavy.

~~~

"ERICA! How good to see you girlie!" My mom gives a big hug. Me and my dad brings the party popper and blast.
She laughs loudly and we all have a group hug. Now this might seem weird how we were friends for barely a day and this close. Well the thing is, we never went out of touch. At least my mom didn't. She always treated her like her own daughter. Checking up on her, texting her and stuff. And Erica absolutely loves my mom and dad.

"God, is this food all for me??" She is a big foodie. Like the biggest foodie i know.

"Yes yes, dig in" we all talk a lot about her life in the orphanage.

"Now, i have a very big news that i kept a secret from all of you" she says and looks at us with a smug look.

"Last month, a family took me in!" She claps her hand and my mom shrieks aloud and hugs her. For the 100th time.

"That's not it. They're filthy rich and loving. My life's amazing there. That is how I could come here to meet you guys"

"Oh my god Erica! This is such a huge news and woah, i am so happy for you" I tell her.

We chat some more about her new home life and move onto the final stage. Music and dance.
We all have in common few favorite songs and we dance along to it. Mom and dad, me and Erica.

"Ma-ma-material girl" we sing our lungs out to Madonna.

"Turn around and look at what you seeee"

"Never ending storyyy"

"Gracious! That was so much fun" We all crash on the couch and laugh.

"Up for a movie night?" Mom asks.

"Maybe tomorrow. I'm super tired right now"

"No problemo. Let's head to bed"

~~~

"What a cool room! All for me. Can I see your room as well?" She asks.

I take her upstairs to my room and she wows at everything; the posters,the desk,the bed and everything else.

"You have board games! We should have a family board time tomorrow" she exclaimed at monopoly.

"Sure, but for now let's go to sleep" i chuckle.

Ross Amor

Me
I'm sorry Austin. I'm really sorry. Can we please talk? Please.

Austin 😵
I'm sorry but I'm on a date right now. Ttyl.

Date. He's on a date. He's going to break up with you. Tomorrow. Or maybe the next day. You'll be alone again. And it's all your fault. Your fault. Your fault.

"Ahhhhhh" I close my ears shut and count 1 to 100 numbers and fall asleep.

~~~

"Hello Ross? Still up for the plan?" Phoenix's voice rings from the other end. We had a plan to hang out today and i forgot. Stupid stupid.