14-confrontation

Austin Brooks

The next morning, I wake up before Ross. I check my phone for messages.

Erica
Okay cool

Mom 💕💪
Are you coming for breakfast?

Me
Yeah, I will come back here though. After dropping Erica at the airport.

Fickle 🕶️
What are uuu doin
I'm boredd 😔

Me
I'm cuddling a teddy bear ;)

Phoenix
Is he better now?!

Me
Yes. But he won't be coming to work today.

As I get up from bed Ross pulls me back and snuggles closer. I chuckle and stay still for a minute before escaping again.

"Why are you up so early?" He mumbled.

"It's 7am Ross. I have to get home" I take off his shirt and grab mine from the chair.

"Rossie, wake up. I'm leaving" I shake him.

"No, don't leave me" he whines, before he pulls me back i jump away from him.

"Okay be a sleepyhead I'm leaving"

He finally gets up and rubs his eyes. I get a call from Erica. I go outside to talk.

"Hey! When are you coming back?" She grumbles.

"I'll be home in time for breakfast don't worry"

And before thinking, i blurt out the question.

"Did you send any messages to anyone through my phone?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Sorry, I'm on a date right now. Something like that" I repeat the message i saw last night.

"Oh yes! That's me. Did your friend enjoy the message?" She laughs.

"Why would you send something like that?" I snap. It boils my blood that she thinks this is some joke.

"What's wrong with you? It was just a prank" she says casually.

"A prank?! Erica! That was my boyfriend. Even if he wasn't you had no right to send messages to someone I know through MY phone!" I scold.

"I- I didn't know you were gay. Or that you had a boyfriend, i just wanted to prank"

"Prank someone you don't even know?! What the fuck is wrong with you? He clearly sent a message, 'im so sorry' did that seem like a silly matter to you?" I am yelling at this point. She doesn't see the seriousness of the matter.

"I'm sorry, extremely sorry. I wasn't thinking. Truly"

"How did you even access my phone?"

"It was opened when you were in the bathroom"

"Fan-fucking-tastic. So you just thought yay Austin's phone is open lets prank his boyfriend?"

"I DIDNT KNOW YOU HAD A BOYFRIEND!"
I take a deep breath and try to be calm.

"Listen Erica, we might be friends but you were closer and in touch with my MOM and not Me. You don't know me and i don't know you, I'm just saying you can't do stuff like that when you have no right" I explain. Ross comes walks in to ask what's wrong, i shoo him away and ask him to wait in the hall.

"I'm sorry. You know, I called to tell you a good news but..."

"My boyfriend was hurt because of what you did. I couldn't care less about what you have to say. I'll see you at home, bye" and i hang up.