Xyla's Dad

"Wait hold on Twan what you say?" I had to make sure what he said was correct.

"Jay got shot and the doctors said it's not looking good."

It havent even been an hour since I dropped Tia off and came home. Tears began to run down my face. I quickly threw on my clothes grabbed my keys. I'm glad that Xyla isn't here I would hate to have her sit in the hospital.

I made it less than ten minutes to the hospital that's 25 mintues away.

"My husband was just brought here Jayceon Smith."

"Room 22."

Once I reached his room I cried harder. He was hooked up to so many machines with a tube down his throat.

"Excuse me Miss but he's not allowed to have any visitors right now."

"I'm his wife what's going on."

"I'm sorry I'm the relief and his charts say that he suffered two gun shots to the chest one bullet in the shoulder."

"Well will he be fine?"

"Right now he's in a coma and we're waiting for him to wake up. There was major damage that caused lots of blood lost. He's also not breathing on his own. I'm going to be checking on him again in a few if you notice anything different let someone know immediately." He said walking out the room.

I went and sat in the chair next to his bed and said a silent prayer. He had to wake up and soon he got a little girl to live for.

After a few hours I called his mom hoping she wasn't sleep.

"Tina I didn't want to worry you but Jay got shot I'm at the hospital with him now."

"My baby is he okay?" I could hear her voice starting to crack.

"Tina he's in a coma. The doctors said he is not looking very good."

"Me and Xyla will be there first thing in the morning."

"Okay kiss my baby for me. Have she been good?"

"Of course she's always good for glam-ma." She said trying to brighten the mood

"Okay Tina I'll see yall tomorrow."

Thinking about my baby kind of put me at ease. I was knocked out of my thoughts by a phone call I looked down and it was Twan.

Me- Wassup?

Twan- meet me at the trap ASAP Zell on his way to the hospital he gone watch out for Jay.

Me-I'm on my way.

I pulled up to the trap and saw Dust at the door. I didn't like his ass since that day Ken bitch ass stole some shit.

"Hey Dior." Dust said.

I politely rolled my eyes and continued to walk in the door.

"Twannn." I screamed out

"Come upstairs."

As I made it to the top of the stairs I saw John the clean up man mopping blood. He made all the bodies disappear. He been on payroll since forever.

"What the fuck! All this Jay blood?"

"Naw that's why we need to talk." He said pulling a chair out the closet with a blanket over it.

"Rose is the reason we in this."

"This bitch should have been gone what happen?"

He pulled the sock out her mouth.

"Speak."

"Please don't kill me."

"Bitch what happen?" My voice held so much anger. I was pissed I had to deal with this when I should be at the hospital with my man.

"Ken told me he was gone get back at yall for coming in his bm crib and doing him like a bitch. At the time I was down because because.."

"Bitch speak up."

"I was trying to fuck with Jay but he turned me down in front of the entire crib."

I hauled off and smacked her. Blood came running out her mouth.

"Bitch finish the story."

"I was embarrassed so I told him I'll work with him to bring yall down. Over the past few months we watched Dust closely and figured out his schedule. We didn't mean for anyone to get hurt. We just wanted the cash. Ken and Bug set everything up."

"Who the fuck is bug?"

"He one of the niggas that's coming up out here he serving on the west side with a couple niggas he tryna build his crew. He the one that put Ken up on this hit."

I walked out and went to my car I need to get back to the hospital with Jayceon. I didn't care what they did to her weak ass.

---The Next Day---

"Mrs.Smith you have a visitor."

In walked Tina and Xyla. I got up and got my baby I missed her. I gave her a couple kissed and made her laugh.

"You wanna give da-da a kiss?" I leaned her her his face and let her lips touch his face.

"Tina I'm gone go to the house and wash up I'll be back."

"You want me to keep Xyla?"

"Naw I'll take her." I strapped her into her car seat and headed to the door after I gave Jayceon a kiss.

I hooked Xyla in and got in the drivers seat. I sat and thought for a while. This was supposed to be our last week here now we gone have to stay longer. Everything was looking up for us. I need to talk to somebody before I went crazy. I decided to call Tia. When she answered I put her on speaker and pulled out the parking lot. The body guard Twan hired pulled out behind me.

"Wassup boo boo you doing okay?"

"Tia I'm so sad. I really don't know what to do."

"You can't do anything but take care of your child and be there for Jay when he wake up."

"True I love yall girl I'm bout to go get me some clean clothes and take a shower."

"Love you too. I'll come up to the hospital later."

"Okay. Bye."

------------------------------------------------------
Days went by. Then weeks. Months even passed by. I had a daily routine. Wake up get Xyla and I ready and sit in the hospital with Jayceon until visiting hours was over. I stopped spending a night because Xyla needs a stable place to lay her head at night.