Pomp and Circumstance

That was my entire junior year. The tormenting was relentless, but I managed and the Quads graduated, leaving a big hole in my life, if we're being honest.

The life I had at my aunt and uncle's was bizarre, to say the least. My mom and dad had never discussed their will with me and I never remembered meeting them more than one time when our car broke down in Solitude.

When I asked why, the Gideon's would just tell me it was safe and they were well off and we didn't have any other family who could take me in. Apparently, the Gideon's were the last living relatives we had with a shit ton of money, according to my aunt.

I'd contacted plenty of my cousins, but no one could take me in—and it had been written in my parent's will that I'd stay in Solitude.

"Why am I here if you hate me?"I asked one day when they refused to let me eat at the table.

Gilda scoffed, "If you'd like to stay on the streets or with meth heads, by all means...call your other relatives. Your parents were rebels and we just couldn't...we couldn't take them in. But go! Go and be with those who care not for you."

So, I didn't, but I stayed in contact and for some reason, those relationships started to dwindle when I realized that Gilda was right.

I had no one. I was alone—save for Tina who was leaving me, too.

"You need to leave your door open, Sabrina. I don't want to think you've had boys up there,"Aunt Gilda told me ever since I arrived. It didn't bother me much. I had my own corridor of the old, dusty mansion and my very own bathroom—connected to my room—so it didn't bug me that I couldn't shut my door. No one was ever up there anyway.

I don't have a boyfriend—I never had a boyfriend—I'd never even kissed a boy so I wouldn't have one in my room.

"And don't think you're staying out passed 9, either.." Uncle Jerome told me.

There were so many rules set out for me that once I got into the routine, I just didn't care anymore.

They took care of me, but I felt so trapped—and I was.

We didn't eat dinner together—I had my food at a different time. Most days they were gone anyway to some different city or state, or country, but they'd keep a heavy eye on me through the servants.

"Can't I just get a driver to take me to school?" I asked when they pointed me to the bus stop.

"Child, nonsense! We're not wasting our clientele on you," Gilda told me.

They were my great- aunt and uncle and there was nothing great about them at all.

I missed my parents.

I wanted them back and I knew they were never coming back.

"Can I have a friend over?"

"No."

"But's it's Tina Sullivan?"

"Oh, a Sullivan. No...new money.."

What did that even mean? New money?

Who the hell were these people?

So, I did my chores, I stayed away and I was told over and over again how much of a burden I was.

Then came graduation and no one showed up for me.

I walked across the stage and received my diploma with no one in the audience to cheer for me.

And then...

One of the driver's was sent for me—but not for me to go home.

I'd turned 18 two days before and Jerome and Gilda hadn't been home so I went with Tina to lunch and a movie and she threw me a small mini-birthday party which made me so happy.

I thought maybe the 18 year old kick out was just a joke to make me behave.

"Here are your things. Your aunt and uncle have set up a PO Box for you to receive your checks."

I had two suitcases, a book bag and my messenger bag tossed out at me when I headed off the field.

Tina's parents weren't receptive of my plight because Tina was heading off to college.

"It's OK. I'll be fine!" I lied.

Internally screaming, I had nowhere to go, but I had some money for a motel so I headed out.

It started to rain...and it rained like it was never going to rain again.

Just my luck.

Cap and gown on and my bags getting drenched, I walked down Main Street—which was pretty abandoned save for a few passing cars.

I heard the rev of an engine and knew exactly who it was.

The Quads.

I continued walking because I was so close to my destination that it never occurred to me that when they passed me doing 60 in a 10 that they'd even recognize me.

The screeching of wet tires and brakes startled me as the rain poured down like a waterfall.

Then...

Then they backed up that Impala, stopping right next to me.

"Hey, spaz!" Xander called out, "The fuck are you doing out here in this storm?"

"Going somewhere?" Hudson eyed my bags.

"The motel!" I called out, not getting any closer to the car.

"Why?" Quinn asked, "What about your place?"

"I,-uh..." My tears were going to flow—I just knew it.

"Your aunt and uncle?" Sebastian studied me.

"Fucking rain is getting into my car!" Xander huffed, "Get her in here already!"

I don't know how it happened, but it happened so fast that Seb, Q and Hudson were taking my bags and tossing them in the trunk, Seb ushering me into the backseat of the Impala.

Seb on one side, Hudson on the other....

Q was in the passenger's seat and Xander glared at me through the rear view mirror before speeding off.

"Y-you passed the motel, Xander!" I pointed passed Seb's nose.

"You're not going to a motel, Sabrina..."

"W-where am I going?"

The two in the back were ogling me, while Xander shot Q a devilish grin.

"You're going home with us."