Lights

SABRINA'S POV:

We gathered a few leaders from the Council who were quick to note that I needed to watch my back.

I understood, but there was no way I could let my mates go on without me, not when it was me James wanted.

"We could mind link Tobias," Hudson offered.

"I want to catch him off guard," I said, settled in the backseat of a blacked out SUV in middle of Hud and Quinn. I sensed Jamal who stayed as close to us as he could without interfering.

Sebastian looked flustered with Xander and I knew why. He didn't like our little romp in the woods and I knew if I could smell us, so could my mates.

"Are you OK?" He asked me, glancing over his shoulder.

"Of course she's fucking OK," Xander growled.

"I was asking Sabrina."

"I'm fine," I nodded, placing a hand on Sebastian's shoulder, "Really. I'm not even....Wait—there's Tobias!"

We watched as he rounded a corner leading into Aurora. I hadn't even been here since my parent's funeral nor had I been allowed to visit their graves.

"I didn't know that,"Hudson took my hand, "We'll have to change that if you want to."

I smiled at him. He was the sweetest of the Quads, even though they all treated me so well. I wondered what life would have been like if it had just been the two of us.

He leaned in to my ear:

"I would have followed you to the ends of the Earth and back again—just like I will now."

My blushing was becoming a trait at this point.

"I know.."I leaned in and kissed him, surprised when he grabbed the back of my head and held us together for the longest time, "What's that for?"

"I just wanted you to know how long I pined for you, Sabrina," Hudson said, quietly, "I don't know what was going on in my head when we were in school. You were always so nice to me and I,-"

"Saved me from Clark's antics," I reminded him, "Is Clark a shifter?"

"Yeah," Xander lowered his gaze and then shook his head, "Where is that mother fucker? School let in last week and no one's heard from him."

"School is still taking place?" I asked, bewildered.

"Of course," Q said, "Sabrina, we were fighting little battles while you were sitting in gym class."

I sighed, "Well, if I'd known who I was beforehand, I could have tried to prevent this."

Xander cocked his head to the side, "She ain't wrong. Which brings me to the question of why your parents kept this from you. Why'd they leave the Inner Realm anyway? Was it simply to save you?"

"From what I know, that was their initial idea, but then they lost most of their powers once the veil split."

"That was the big split!" Hudson snapped his fingers, "Holy fuck, I should have remembered that. It was what about 16 years now when that big shift happened? That was about the time Hannah and Milo left the Inner Realm to save her. They had no idea."

I felt so bad that my parents unintentionally had something to do with all of this.

"Don't," Xander shook his head as he watched my face, "It would have happened anyway. They didn't tell you because they had no chance to. I'm sure that was what the Gideon's were meant to do—take out your parents before they could let you in on everything. I wish you'd snuffed them out."