04

We were the people who were not in the papers. We lived in the blank white spaces at the edges of print. It gave us more freedom. We lived in the gaps between the stories.”

As they reached their home haseena came out of car. she hadn't been here in 1 years, and the last time she went out from there was after having a heated argument with her mother. she looked up at the house, she felt a pang of longing for this place. she looked towards Karishma. who was adjusting her luggage. she stepped forward and rang the bell, she was anxiously waiting for someone to open it.
after a few moments the main door opened, and her mother appeared. she looked at her mother whose eyes were filling with tears.

"haseena". her mother said softly.
Haseena just bowed down her head. her mother pulled her into a tight hug. they stood there for sometime holding each other while sobbing. after sometime haseena stepped inside the house as she looked towards the house

"I am home". she said with a happy tears sensing the overwhelming emotions in her after being here.

"are you okay". her mother asked while sitting on the couch, looking at her face which was puffy and red, her eyes still damp with tears.

Haseena looked towards her and just nodded her head and came towards her and kneels down in front of her. she was having difficulty unable to express everything.

"it's okay". her mother said while rubbing her back. "It's okay. Kuch kheny ki zarorat ni ha."

They sat down there in a comfortable silence when haseena finally find the strength to speak "I'm sorry". she said her voice was barely above a whisper.

The mother listened patiently, her heart aching for her daughter's pain. She didn't try to offer any solutions or platitudes, knowing that sometimes all her she needed was someone to listen.

She took a deep breath and finally spoke. "Ami I'm sorry". Hamen maaf kr dijeyay. I should have talked to you sooner".

Her mother looked at her with a mixture of sadness and understanding. "koi baat ni". she said softly. "Hum janty han yeh tmry liyay bi asan ni rha ho ga".

Haseena  pulled away, looking into her mother's eyes. " I knew you wouldn't approve my marriage to but I couldn't help how I felt."

Her mother reached up to wipe away a tears from her daughter's cheek. "I understand that now," she said. "And I want you to know that I love you, no matter what." Ab sab Kuch tk ho jy ga".

After a while, the Haseena breathing began to slow, and she leaned her head in her mother's mother's lap. The two of them sat there for a long time, lost in their own thoughts, but together.

Unknowingly to them there was also someone( Karishma)  at the door who was watching this scene. whose eyes welled up with tears as she watched the love and warmth of mother daughter duo. as she saw them hugging she felt a lump in her throat. she has mix feelings of sadness and joy. she was happy for them as finally haseena met with her mother and her mother anger melted away. They both found their peace. but she was sad as it made her realize that what she can never have. It is a reminder of the beauty and fragility of life. she remembered her own mother's warmth and love and how she would hold her whenever she was upset. this scene reminded her loss all over again which she never forget, when her mother died with cancer 2 years ago and she came to this house. she thought all of the moments she can can never have with her own mother. She saw them hugging it made her yearn for that same kind of closeness and connection. But one thing she couldn't figure out that  haseena was more unlucky that she has her mother, but she didn't talk to her for 3 months because she did't want to or she was more unlucky that she wants to talk to her mother but can't. ( haseena was more unlucky).At this moment she is wondering Why do people take their mothers for granted?" she thought to herself. "Do they not understand how lucky they are to have a mother in their lives?" Why they always wait for perfect moment?"They just don't realize how precious their mothers are until they're gone." She wished with all her heart that she could spend just one more day with her mother, to hug her, to tell her how much she loved her.