17

Later that evening, Haseena returned home, tired from her day's work. She usually rushed to her room to freshen up and then cook dinner. But tonight was different.

When she went to the kitchen, she was surprised to find Karishma already at the dining table with dinner ready. Haseena greeted her warmly, and Karishma gestured for her to sit.

"Good evening, Karishma," Haseena said, feeling touched by the unexpected meal.

Good evening, Haseena," Karishma replied with a smile.

"Tonight, I thought I'd order food for us so you can take a break."

Haseena appreciated the gesture,and said  "but aap janti Hain hum khana banaa sakte hain,"

Karishma shook her head gently. "aap to har din hi banati Hain aaj soucha app thodi rest kar le," she said kindly.

As they ate together, Haseena's exhaustion faded away, replaced by gratitude for Karishma's care.

"How was your day?"Then, Karishma surprised her by asking about her day.  She asked with genuine interest.

"It was good. There weren't many cases at the hospital, just one surgery," she said, feeling content and pleasantly surprised.

As Haseena took each bite, her eyes closed in  delight. Karishma looked at  her with adoration, her heart filled with satisfaction.How can she manage to be even more beautiful with every bite you take?"
God I can look at her forever and with every bite I find another reason to love her. She thought to herself.

It's true that anyone can watch, but it takes someone special to truly see you."

Nina had been right; it was the effort that counted. Seeing Haseena so happy made it all worthwhile. Love had a way of making ordinary moments extraordinary. Karishma felt a deep affection for her, a warmth that melted away any doubts. She knew what she had to do, not just for herself but for the woman she loved. In that moment, Karishma made a silent vow to cherish and nurture her love forever.

Karishma continued eating, and Haseena couldn't help but wonder about the change in her behaviour It made her hopeful that maybe, after all this time, Karishma was finally finding comfort and adjustment in this house.

In the midnight, Haseena was sleeping peacefully when she suddenly felt something touching her feet. She initially shrugged it off, thinking it was nothing. But then, she felt it again, something that made her sit up abruptly. Worried, she quickly ran outside and found Karishma searching for something.

"aap is waqt Yahan per kya kar rahi hai?" Haseena asked, her voice filled with curiosity and concern.
Her words seemed to shatter Karishma's composure.

She turned towards Haseena, her voice trembling, and replied, "kuchh Nahin hamen nind Nahin a Rahi hai ti Ham Yahan per a gy."

"Okay, abhi aap mere sath aaiae," Haseena said, leading Karishma back to her room.

"Look there," Haseena said while pointing towards her bed where a cat was sitting. Karishma hesitated for a moment before saying, "Oh, that's a cat."

Haseena, puzzled, responded, "Yes, I can see that it's a cat, lekin yah yahan ai kaise?"

"vahi to Ham bhi soch rahe hain. I have no idea how it got here," Karishma replied.