48

".....Bhoolna bi nae ha aur bhool Jana bi ha

Ay tark e tamana tujy kis rah py choren hum...."

Karishma and haseena was sitting on the the couch in the living room. Karishma, her heart was pounding, couldn't contain the urgency in her voice. "Please, Haseena, just say it. My heart will explode. Please."

Haseena looked at Karishma, she was full of  hesitation. "Karishma, jasy ky ap ny opr suna..."

"No," Karishma interrupted, her eyes were pleading. "Say it again. sab Kuch. Just say the truth."

Haseena took a deep breath, "Ok first, relax. Yes, it's true. We are married." she said in one go and closed her eyes. after not getting any response she opened her eyes and looked towards her who was already looking at her.

"How? When?" she asked in shocked.

"You were living with my mother. I went to India," Haseena hesitated before continuing, "and there, we both fell in love and got married. Then we came here. After two months, that incident happened, and you lost your memory."

Karishma, still grappling with the shock, "So, you're telling me we're married, and I didn't remember any of it?" Karishma asked with a disbelief.

Haseena nodded, "Yes, that's what happened.  but I understand it's a lot to take in."

Karishma sat there, stunned, trying to process the revelation. "Aur ap ny yeh sb Kuch humen phly kiyun ni batya? Why did you lie to me? don't you think I had a right to know."

Haseena sighed, "I didn't know. Whatever I feel like is right at that time." she paused and looked at her. "I didn't know how you will react. And then I thought, over time, it became easier to go along with what you believed. I didn't want to disrupt your sense of self."

"But you lied to me." she said with a frustration.

Haseena reached out to hold Karishma's hand, "Karishma, I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I thought I was protecting you from unnecessary pain."

Karishma, torn between conflicting emotions, pulled her hand away. " How can I believe anything now? I.......I need time to process this."

Haseena nodded, "Jitna bi time ap ko chiyay ap lay lejeyay. I just want you to know that my intentions were never to deceive you."

Karishma without saying anything just got up and leave form there.

"I am sorry and abi bi hum srf wo bta rhy han Jo humen lgta ha sae ha." haseena took a sighed and leaned down.

Karishma was pacing in her room, trying to sinking the information. "Married," she whispered to herself, "that too with a girl." and "that girl is haseena. how can this happen and I forgot these things oh God."

"In love with her," she murmured, and an unknown smile grazez upon her lips."I guess that's not so surprising." The realization brought a warmth to her expression, as if she got a direction to a secret which she was trying to kept away even from herself.

Her eyes fell on the mirror, and she patted her cheeks as if trying to shake off the smile. "Why am I smiling?" she questioned, in confusion and amusement in her eyes. "But she lied to me. and there is so much for me to know."

Next morning.......

The next morning, as they both sat at breakfast, Haseena hesitantly initiated the conversation, "Ap tk han?"

Karishma looked up and hesitated before replying, "Yes, I am okay."

Haseena, sensing Karishma's internal struggle, said gently, "Look, Karishma, there's no pressure on you. Whatever you're feeling about us, our relationship, just say it."