14

"Yeh ksa Nasha ha main kis khumar ma hun

Tu aa ky ja bi Chuka ha aur ma abi bi tery intezar ma hun"

Karishma's heart sank as she listened to Nina's story. "Phir kia hua Nina" she asked hesitantly.

"That day, just before our marriage, he received a phone call from his family, informing him that his mother was seriously ill and on her last breath. I told him to go to her and meet her mother," Nina said, taking a deep sigh.

Karishma quickly handed her a glass of water, but she declined, saying, "No, I'm fine."

"Then he went," Nina continued, her voice trailing off, and she chuckled slightly. "Now It's been 26 years."

"Phir wo wpic kabi ni aya kya?" Karishma asked in disbelief.

Nina nodded. "I only contacted him once after three days, and he never returned," she said.

"Us ny kia btya ap ko ?Why didn't he come back?" Karishma inquired.

"He wasn't at home; he was with his mother at the hospital, and his wife answered his phone," Nina explained.

Karishma fell into a somber silence, struggling to find words that could comfort Nina.

Finally, she mustered the courage to speak. "You are so strong, Nina," she said, placing her hand on Nina's shoulder.

"Do you think so?" Nina asked.

"How can you even doubt it? You've spent 26 years waiting for him," Karishma replied.

Nina countered, "Who said I'm waiting for him?"

"Then why didn't you move on? Why waste all those years?" Karishma asked.

"Because I loved him, and I still do. I tried to move on but I couldn't. I could never think of anyone else. It would be unfair to me and anyone else to have someone else in my heart and to have someone other in life," Nina confessed.

"But, Nina, log asy krty hn unhen krna prta ha, Kisi ky chly jny sy logun ko zindgi tw ni rukh jti khas kr ky wo Jo khud ap ko chor kr gya, log compromise krty hn-love someone in their heart while being with someone else in life," Karishma pointed out.

Nina shook her head. "Yes, many do, but I had a choice, so I didn't."

"Ap apni family ky pass chli jti ap ny un sy contact kia?" Karishma asked.

"I tried, but they said they really didn't want me back," Nina replied.

"So, do you think you made the right choice or the wrong one?" Karishma questioned taking a deep sigh, holding back her emotions.

"I made the wrong choice to leave my family for him, but falling in love with him was never my choice. It can be of no one, it can not be in someone's hand to choose a person and fall in love with her," Nina said, her voice filled with deep emotion.

Karishma, if I set aside my emotions, I believe he must have had his side of the story. He left me, but that doesn't mean he never loved me when he was with me. He did. But he went on and married someone else. Sometimes, I think his pain is greater than mine," Nina said.

"Really, Nina? Us ny ap ko chora, wpic ap ka kbi pta tak ni kia ky ao kis haal ma han, he married, and his pain is greater?" Karishma questioned.

"Because when you love someone and cannot have that person, and suddenly someone new enters your life, trying to take their place in your heart and in your life, that is something more painful. It even robs you of the right to your memories. And later on, it doesn't matter with time if you just compromise with the situation or if you get used to that person," Nina explained.