15

"Hasil tu mujy phly bi ni ta

       Khoya ma ny aj bi ni ha tmn"

When sunrays filtered through the curtains, gently caressing her face, prompting her to wake up abruptly as she remembered the stormy night.

"Good afternoon, Haseena said in soft  voice from a stool beside her bed.

"Good afternoon, aj hum Kuch zaida hi so gy." Karishma replied softly.

"Ab ksa lag rha ha ap ko?" Haseena asked.

"Better," she replied.

"So, will you tell me what happened last night, or would you like to have lunch first?" Haseena inquired.

"Haseena," Karishma began hesitantly, "he was my father."

"Kia bt kr rhi han ap? Tell me clearly," Haseena urged.

"The person whom Nina loved was my father," Karishma confessed. "Ap janti hn sb un ky bry ma, right?"

"Han, Likn ap ko ksy pta wo donu same insan han?" Haseena questioned.

"That person's name was Anand Kumar," Karishma revealed.

"Han tw dunya ma bht sy logun ky ak jsy hi Naam hty hn aur b bht anand Kumar hun gy dunya ma," Haseena pointed out.

"Yes, Haseena, hamen b phly asa hi lga ta. I didn't even bother to ask her more about that guy's family because I thought there are many people with the same name. But in the end, when she showed me her musical notes, that's when I found out," Karishma explained.

"What do you mean?" Haseena asked.

"Look, hamry pass bi same musical notes hn," Karishma said as she opened a drawer and retrieved the notes. "See, this word 'love.' My father used to write this at the end of everything, and this signature... two people can't have the exact same music, the same signature. Right?" Karishma asked.

"Right," Haseena agreed, taking a deep breath.

"Haseena, hum Nina ko face ksy kren gy? Hum unhen ksy baten gy that the person she loved is my father?" Karishma asked, tears streaming down her face.

"It's okay, just relax," Haseena reassured her. "Listen to me carefully. It wasn't you; it was him, and it was their situation. You can't change the past; you can only do something about the present. And you know Nina, she won't get angry with you or hate you. She knows how to deal with this, she's so understanding. Right?" Haseena said, encouraging her.

"Now, let's have lunch and then go talk to Nina, you want me to come with you?" Haseena suggested.

Karishma simply nodded in no and got up to freshen up with heavy heart her emotions were still heavy in the room.

______________________________________

In the evening, Karishma climbed the stairs with a heavy heart, unsure of what she would say to Nina.

"Good evening," she finally managed to say, her voice trembling.

"Good evening," Nina replied from the kitchen, where she was busy preparing lunch. She gestured for Karishma to sit at the counter. "Ksi han ap?" she asked.

Nina chuckled a bit and said, "Look, I'm fine."

"Are you ok?" Karishma asked, concern in her voice.