10

"There is always a story behind           every person and there is always a person behind every story"

Karishma quietly left her room, being careful not to wake haseena. She heard beautiful piano music coming from upstairs, so she followed the sound. When she found the room the music was coming from, she gently opened the door and listened.

In a small room, a woman in her 50s sat nicely at an old piano. Her fingers, touched the white keys gently. Her eyes, softened by the years, shone with a deep, wistful feeling as she played her heart out. The music was old but lovely, filling the room with tales of her life in every sound. Her being at the piano was like a beautiful song of her life, full of experience, grace, and her lasting love for music. The music was so stunning that it touched Karishma's heart deeply. It felt like the music was speaking to her emotions in a way that words couldn't describe.

The music suddenly stopped, and Karishma snapped back to reality. She had been lost in the music and hadn't noticed the lady, who looked confused and didn't recognize her.

The lady asked, "Who are you?"

Karishma replied nervously, " Karishma."

To her surprise, the lady's face transformed into a warm smile, and her confusion disappeared.

"Karishma, right? India sy ai ho. Haseena mentioned you to me, but you know how old age can make you forgetful." She said

The old lady, now friendly, walked over to Karishma and offered her a seat. "Please, have a seat," she said kindly, making Karishma feel more comfortable in this unexpected meeting.

My name is Nirjara, and you can call me Nina" Haseena bi yhi bulati ha hamen" she said with a warm smile, trying to ease the situation for Karishma, who seemed surprised to find another person in the house.

Nina noticed Karishma's confusion and continued, "It seems she didn't tell you about me. I am the owner of this house, and Haseena has been living here as a tenant for the past four years. But we've lived here like a family. Think of it as your own home," Nina reassured Karishma, wanting to make her feel comfortable.

Curious, Nina asked, "By the way, ap is waqt yahn kia kar rhi han?"

Karishma replied, "Oh, the sound of music brought me here."

Nina smiled and said, "I play music here sometimes at night."

"You play really beautifully," Karishma complimented her.

"Thank you. You're a very pretty girl," Nina replied, appreciating the compliment.

Meanwhile, Karishma's hunger became more noticeable as her eyes fell on the plates of food Nina had prepared.

Nina followed Karishma's gaze and understood that she was hungry. "Would you like something to eat?" Nina asked.

Karishma hesitated at first, saying, "No, no, hum kha chuky han. I'm full."