43

"Haseena, you must understand, you are not responsible for her memory loss. It's a collective of past traumas, and your actions were just the last before the incident. Don't burden yourself with blame." Nina said in a gentle yet firm words.

Haseena, with a regret, sighed, "I know, Nina. I wish I had taken her forgetting more seriously back then. Maybe we could have treat her earlier."

"It's okay. What's done is done. Now, let's focus on what comes next. What have you been doing for her?"Nina, with reassuring smile, responded

"She's receiving treatment under Zara. The chances of her recovery look promising." haseena said.

"That's great to hear, but I'm asking about your efforts. Have you talked to her? What about your relationship? She may have forgotten, but you remember her, right?" Nina smiled and asked.

Haseena hesitated, her gaze drifting away, and Nina looked towards her a d said "I don't understand why people these days easily lose hope and wait for miracles. What have you done to get close to her ,to bridge the gap between you two?"

Haseena looked back at Nina, emotions in her eyes, and replied, "I... I don't know where to start, Nina."

Nina, with a gentle yet firm tone, said, "Start by talking to her. Your love and effort might be the miracle she needs. Don't give up on her, Haseena." she took a deep breath and continue."Remember, Haseena, there was a time when you didn't love her, and she knew it. Yet, she made efforts for you. Now, she just forgot you, and it's your turn to do the same."

Haseena, absorbing the truth in Nina's words, sighed and said, "It's not easy, Nina. I'm afraid of what might happen when she remembers everything."

Nina, placed a hand on Haseena's shoulder, responded, "Leave the rest on her, Haseena. What's needed now is your effort. Whatever happens, face it with honesty and love."

Haseena looked at her momentruly and hugged Nina tightly and whispered, "Thank you, Nina. Now, I know what I have to do. I won't give up on her. She's mine, and I'll do whatever it takes."

Nina, reciprocating the hug nodded and said, "That's the spirit, Haseena. Love has a way of healing. Just take each step as it comes, and remember, I'm here for both of you."

"I know Nina you are here for us and I am always grateful for that." haseena said and broke the hug, "now I have to go and look for her."

She got up from couch."Nina one more thing, she stop and looked at her," I have taken Karishma passport and all other documents, she will surely asked you please manage." she said while getting up for leave.

"Ok I will see. don't worry."

Nina, leaning on the sofa with a sigh, whispered, "Indeed Love, is a flawless pain that paints the most beautiful portraits on the canvas of our hearts."

______________________________________

Haseena stood in the doorway, a tray carrying two steaming cups of coffee in her hands. Her gaze lingered on Karishma, who sat on the couch with a distant expression. This was the new normal for haseena, a reality where the person she loved had lost a part of herself.

With a deep breath, Haseena approached her, placing the tray on the table before settling beside Karishma.

"Hey, Karishma," karishma startled by her voice.

"I brought us some coffee." she said in gentle voice.

Karishma looked at the cup in front of her, "Coffee?" she repeated, as if the word held a distant familiarity.

Haseena nodded, and forward the cup.

Karishma picked up the cup, studying it for a moment before taking a sip. The taste seemed to trigger a flicker of recognition, but it was fleeting, lost in the haze of forgotten moments.