24

Haseena arrived home late, with a happy face but tried by celebration. As she entered the house she noticed the stillness that hung in the air. The home usually filled with warmth felt unusually quiet.

She decided to head to the kitchen to get a glass of water. However, as she reached the kitchen, her gaze fell upon a scene that made her heart sink.

On the kitchen counter lay the ingredients for a cake flour, sugar, eggs, and a mixer. Haseena's eyes widened as the realization struck her like a thunderbolt. She had completely forgotten about the dinner she was supposed to have with Karishma.

Her heart ached with guilt as she remembered how excited Karishma had been about celebrating together. She felt ashamed how she has forgotten this and she celebrated her birthday with her colleagues, leaving Karishma waiting and worried.

Haseena quickly retrieved her phone from her bag and checked her messages. Her heart sank even further as she saw 30 missed calls and 20 messages, all from Karishma's number. She had been so caught up in the celebration with her colleagues that she hadn't noticed her phone.

Without wasting another moment, Haseena rushed to Karishma's room. She knocked anxiously, her voice trembling. "Karishma, it's me. and having no response she gently pushed open the door and stepped inside, her eyes falling on the figure of Karishma, who was sleeping on her bed.

she sat beside her bed where Karishma was laying there, asleep, but Haseena couldn't help but notice the dried tear stains on her cheeks. It was clear that her forgetfulness had deeply hurt Karishma. Guilt gnawed at Haseena's heart, her voice a soft whisper filled with remorse.

"Karishma," Haseena said, her voice trembling, "I'm so sorry. I can't believe I forgot about our plans and left you waiting."

Karishma stirred slightly in her sleep, but she didn't wake up.

How can I be so selfish?" she whispered to herself, her voice quivering with regret. She closed her eyes, trying to block out the memories of her actions earlier in the evening. She had been so wrapped up in her own celebration, that she had forgotten something incredibly important. As Haseena replayed the scene in her mind, the innocence, happiness and love in Karishma's gesture should have melted Haseena's heart, but instead, she had been preoccupied with her own plans.Tears streamed down Haseena's cheeks now, her breath hitching with each sob. How could I forget how much she cared, how much she wanted to make my day special?"

Haseena continued to speak softly, pouring her heart out to the slumbering figure before her.

"I should have been there with you, celebrating my birthday."As Haseena spoke, her voice filled with sincerity.

Haseena gently took Karishma's hand in her own, careful not to wake her.

"I'm so sorry, Karishma," Haseena whispered, her voice breaking with emotion. "You didn't deserve this. I should have been there with you, not leaving you alone and worried."

Karishma shifted in her sleep, a faint furrow appearing on her brow, as if sensing Haseena's presence and apology. Haseena continued to hold her hand, her tears falling onto the sleeping figure beside her.

Haseena didn't know how long she sat there, silently apologizing to Karishma. She watched the rise and fall of Karishma's chest as she slept, She was determined to make things right.

Eventually, Haseena's exhaustion caught up with her, and she too began to drift off to sleep, she got up and after having many argumentative thoughts in her mind she decided to listened to her heart and go to the other side of bed and lay there beside her. she turned towards karishma and gently hold her hand while continuing to looked over her, slowly she drifted off to sleep. They lay there together, two hearts one burdened by guilt and and other by pain, finding solace in each other's presence.