42

After freshening up, Haseena went the upstairs and found Nina comfortably seated on a couch, sipping coffee. Nina sensed her presence and gestured for Haseena to sit and join her, haseena went near her and sat beside her on the couch and they sat in a silence.

"Coffee?" Nina asked breaking the silence.

"No, thanks." haseena said gently.

As they sat down, Haseena felt Nina gaze on her may be trying to read her expression. Unable to withhold her emotions any longer, Haseena asked the question that weighed heavy on her heart. "kia ap karishma sy mili.?"

"Yes, I met her. She said hello and asked who I am." Nina sad while nodding

"What did you answer?" Haseena looked towards her.

I couldn't say anything for a moment, but then I introduced myself as Nina, the owner of the house." Nina said with a tinge of sadness.

Karishma was as usual sitting with Cleo when door bell ringed. she got up and went to opened the door. when she opened the door in front of her a women in 50s was standing with her bag.

"Yes...Who are you? Whom do you want to meet?" karishma asked holding the door with a curious expression.

Nina chuckled lightly and said. "Oh, my dear karishma I am just here to meet the Queen of the house. Is she around?" Nina said while hugging her happily thinking Karishma was joking her.

karishma confusion became more deepen with her action. she was still trying to understand when Nina, not realizing the gravity of the situation, entered the house with her bags leaving karishma on the door with her thoughts.

She came to living room and cradled Cleo in her arms. "Look at him, getting healthier every day. I think you must be carrying him all the day. You must be spoiling him with your love." she said while carsing his back.

Karishma, still having puzzled expression came inside and finally spoke up."Ap kn hn hum ny ap ko pechana ni."

Nina, looked towards her and now noticing the genuine worriness in Karishma's eyes, gently placed Cleo down and approached her, holding out a comforting hand.

" Why do you look so worry? Is everything okay?" she said while placing her hand on her arm.

But Karishma's gaze remained steady as she repeated her question." Who are you? I don't remember you."

Nina's heart sank, as realization hit on her as she took a step back. and with hesitation she said. "Karishma, come on. Don't tease me. I'm your Nina, the owner of this house."

"Oh Nina I am sorry, haseena told me about you, but i didn't recognize you." Karishma said while her  face remained same.

"You... you don't recognized me?" Nina whispered.

Karishma shook her head in "No......"

Nina's heart sank like a heavy stone in her chest as the gravity of the situation unfolded. The initial lightness in her expression melted into worry and empathy. Her eyes, once filled with casual familiarity, now held a depth of concern as she looked towards Karishma.

In that moment, Nina's gaze became a silent pleading for this to be lie. her own emotions mirroring the confusion on Karishma's face. The bond they once shared seemed fragile, and a sense of helplessness flickered in Nina's eyes as she realized that karishma has really lost her memory.

Haseena, took a deep breath and said
"Nina, she lost her memory."

Tears welled up in Haseena's eyes as she spoke, her hands tightly holding onto her lap to composed her emotions. Looking towards Nina for a reaction, Haseena was met with silence. After a moment, Nina broke the quiet.