soulmate [1]

chapter 1:

.・゜゜・ age ~ 15-16 (1999)  ・゜゜・.

•·.·''·.·  your lips my lips,
apocalypse 
•·.·''·.·

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

7TH MARCH, 1999 ~ RICHIE'S POV (KINDA)

"3!" stan's voice echoed through the microphone he was holding. the crowds erupted with cheers as they counted down with him.

"2!" beverly's voice now called through the microphone. the cheers grew louder, girls screaming, praying that they had the same word as him.

"1!" carol's yelled, attempting to scream louder than the raging crowd.

his vision went blurry, the people in the stands jumping up and down, screaming out their words on their wrists. richie lifted his wrist, trying to clear his vision. he was instead greeted by a word etched into the skin on the inside.

'apocalypse'

richie thought as he continued to rub his eyes.

"happy birthday richie!" beverly, carol, and stan screamed from the stage, along with the hundreds of fans in the stadium.

"thanks, guys!" richie laughed into his mic, his eyes almost watering. almost. the crowd responded to his joke with laughs and giggles, girl screaming out their words, not caring if they'd lose their soulmate or not. 

"rightio! last song for the night! we're going to play a classic! sing the lyrics!" richie called into his microphone as take me home tonight by eddie money began. 

"i feel a hunger, it's a hunger!" bev called into the mic along with the crowd. she began to slam the drums harder, the rain from earlier spraying off. 

"that tries to keep a man awake at night!" stan sang into the mic, the crowd responding again with incredible cheers and screams. 

"are you the answer? i shouldn't wonder!" the band was in perfect sync. all of them sang, but richie played the guitar, stan played bass, bev played the drums and carol played the keyboard. 

"when I feel you with my appetite, with all the power you're releasing!" carol sang over the keyboard. rain began to pour down from the sky again. 

"it isn't safe to walk the city streets alone!" the rain was soft, just a drizzle at first. the crowd was roaring, louder than ever before. calling out 'cherry cassettes' the name of their band. 

"anticipation is running through me! let's find the key and turn this engine on" the group sang as the rain began to fall harder. 

"i can feel you breathe! i can feel your heart beat faster

take me home tonight!