Chapter 30: The End of a Fleeting Love Story

Author's Note: This Chapter contains two character point of views. 

***

Red's P.O.V

TODAY is the first regular work day after the Team Building. We were entitled of 3 days company holiday after the exhausting team building in Siargao. And today is the inauguration of the new staffs who got promoted. 

The stadium of Cisco which is only meant for big client events is used for today's ceremony and I am here with those staffs who got promoted like me. This ceremony is personally led by Chairman Jayson Chun that is why all staff are required to attend this. 

My promotion is not entirely expected by my but the Directors are looking forward for my performance. I would have been able to savor this victory of mine if it wasn't for what I found out from Anikka. This thoughts takes me back to that night, when Anikka went into our Villa. 

Paglabas ko ng villa ay namataan ko si Faith sa 'di kalayuan na nakangiti at mukhang susunduin ako nito ngayon. I had to answer a call from a client for a concern so I took a while in preparing myself. I smiled from ear to ear because I know how she has been running around happily today. 

I was about to walk towards her whenI saw Anikka coming to me from my right side. 

"A-Anikka," I was in a dazed calling her wondering why would she show up unannounced when someone is about to approach us. 

I stood froze on my spot when she suddenly claimed my lips and still confused of her action because someone is watching this. 

But she is my girl, that is why I took her kiss willingly. 

"What are doing? Are you sure about this?" nag-aalalang tanong ko sa kanyang nang maghiwalay ang mga labi namin. 

"I am marking what's mine so no one will take it away," she glared and that led me to stare at Faith who just turned her back as she started walking away. 

Napakunot-noo ako kay Anikka at sinubukan intindihin ang mga titig niya sa akin dahil hindi pa rin ako makapaniwalang hinayaan niyang may nakakita sa amin. 

"I'll be frank after being silent all this time," she sighed. "I don't like you coaching someone, it's very unlike you. So I want you to stop being Faith's coach, but of course I know you wouldn't do that..." 

"Hold on, Anikka. I really don't understand where you're coming from. Did you kiss me in front of Faith just so you could tell her that we're in a relationship? Was that your reason!?" bahagyang napataas ang tono ng boses ko. 

"Yes," nag-angat ito ng tingin sa akin. "She needed to know her place..." 

"You didn't have to go that far. Faith has nothing to do with our personal relationship," pag-angal ko naman sa kanya. 

"Rumors are everywhere, Red. Baka nakakalimutan mong alam ng buong company ang ginawa niya kay Mr. Drew. She humiliated our company and I was there when you had to explain to my dad that it happened on your watch!" 

Nanlaki ang mga mata ko sa sinabi niya. It was true I had to face the chairman after what happened that day when I almost fired Faith dahil nakarating sa kanya ang balita. I had to aologize to him because he knew it was a red flag on our part to do that. 

"Now she's under your team and people are talking about that she's hitting on you and Kenji..." 

"Is that what you cared about? You know it's not true!" mariin akong napapikit. This is the first time that Anikka and I are arguing over something like this because over the years, we never had a big fight. Both of us are rational that is why I think we are somehow meant for each other.