Winter Village

You sat with your back against the side of the ship as you wrote in your journal. Snow had begun to fall shortly after you had crossed the border of the frozen sea. You understood why it was named such a thing now.

While the sea was not frozen itself, you had to be more aware to avoid hitting any patches of ice floating in the water. It was also seemingly always snowing. Something that seemed great at first, but was quickly becoming an annoyance.

Darling: I-I-It's s-s-so c-c-cold!

You looked to your companion to see that she was also freezing. None of you packed winter clothing. No one thought you would need it for the SUMMER.

Hunter was trying to carve another wooden figure but his hands were shakey from the cold. He set his knife and block of wood on his lap before rubbing his hands together to try and fight the cold. He had to make another since Pesky was using the other one for warmth.

You're probably wondering, "why not just hide in the captain's quarters?"

Well you would if it was actually warmer. A wooden ship had very few options at heat sources. It got so bad that Blondie suggested starting a fire. You all agreed before Cerise pointed out the ship is wood and would burn down if you did so.

Cerise, however, was one of the lucky ones. Not only did she have the actual body heat of a wolf, but she actually had a wolf to cuddle with.

Cerise: I just hope we can find somewhere to dock soon.

Hunter: We need to. Nothing we have will last if we keep it as is. Especially our gear.

You looked at your sword and lifted it. You then unscathed it and looked at the metal. You didn't want it to go and fall apart. You returned it and got to your feet. You closed your journal and pulled out the map. You opened it and began to examine it closely. There had to be something here. Anything.

You scanned the map before your eyes fell onto the only village in this land. A fact that surpised and confused you.

Y/N: Well, I guess this is where we're going.

Hunter: W-Where?

You looked up and spotted it. Off in the distance, a massive monument stood. No, this wasn't a monument. The sheer size of it was too large to be man made. It reached even past the clouds and into the heavens. Even reading the name made your heart ring with both pride and fear.

Y/N: Yggdrasil.

Y/N: Ready? 3, 2, 1!

You all pulled on the rope which drug the ship a bit closer. Just close enough for you to tie the ship up to the wooden dock. The village was just over a hill but you had seen the other ships docked here. You and Hunter went to stow away your supplies while Darling and Cerise tied the ship to the dock. Blondie waited with Pesky and Carmine. She then pulled out her tablet and started to record.

Blondie: Hey, my Fairy Tale viewers. Today we find ourselves in the dangerous Frozen Lands in search of the third treasure of Narnia! Can we brave the harsh conditions or will we meet our freezing end?

Cerise looked back to the reporter and rolled her eyes before tying the final knot. They waited for you and Hunter to come down with extra blankets to help stay warm. Once you were all ready, you all headed out.

Walking on snow was new to you. The way it shifted and crunched under your feet was uncomfortable and you found yourself trying to conjure at least a small flame with your magic. You only got an occasional spark. Though, finally, you did get a small green flame conjured on the tip of your finger.