Chapter Nineteen

Hui-Seon walked beside Sirena with his hands folded behind his back with a soft smile on his face. The American looked back over her shoulder to look at Cullen to see what he was doing and whether if he was watching her or not. Instead of the Commander, her eyes caught the second in command looking over at her which made her raise a brow at him. For some strange reason, she had a feeling she would get along with him just fine. Her gaze then looked over towards the stables to see a few horses missing which told her Evelyn had already left. The Asian man looked over at her as she looked around.

"Yeogineun kkwae aleumdabseubnida (it is quitebeautiful here)." He said trying to start a conversation with her since theywere walking in silence for a little bit.

"Nae saeng-gag en gaeinjeog-eulo nun-I silh-eo(I guess, but I personally don't like the snow)." Sirena admitted in the same language as the young man. She hated the snow ever since her high school days. One year it snowed so much to the point the high school roof collapsed and everyone was out of school for a whole month or two, she couldn't remember exactly. But because of the roof collapsing and re-building it, they had to make up some of the days on the weekends. That was the main reason why she disliked the snow. It wasn't really the first time she missed school for long periods of time because of snow either. It happened to her while she was going to college as well, and the teachers expected their students to do homework while the power was out and send it through their emails, where was the logic in that? Since she was in Thedas, she might as well have some fun in the winter wonderland.

"Wae geugeol joh-ahaji anhneungeoya(why don't you like it)?" Hui-Seon asked out of curiosity as they made their way through Haven's village.

"Naneun geugeos-eulo nappuen gwageoleul gajyeossda (I had a bad past with it)." She answered him vaguely. The young woman was really watching what she was saying now since she let her old school life slip out while she was talking to Cullen the night before.

"That would be a good reason to hate snow, if only I knew what the reason was." He had switched to English as they neared a more public setting. They finally made it inside the tavern where it was warmer and there were people milling about. The bard was playing on her lute while singing a song about some Hero which made Sirena roll her eyes. In her opinion the music sucked real badly in Thedas. She really missed the music she used to listen to that had all the bass and actual good beat with lyrics that had meaning to them. Well, ones that weren't about sex, drugs, and money anyway.

"It was just hard to get studies done..." She said vaguely again, hoping he would change the subject as she continued to listen to the bard. Thanks to her history classes and video games like Elder Scrolls, she knew what bards sang about. They told stories in their music which were sometimes about a certain person or an event that had happened. Hui-Seon saw her roll her eyes earlier which made him smile in amusement.

"I noticed you rolled your eyes."

"That I did."

"Why?" He asked curiously as he motioned at a table for them to sit at. The Korean sat down at the table as he waited for the American to speak.

"The music... It's not even real music in my opinion." She sat down on the bench while trying to ignore the person singing. It was really dreadful to her ears. The singing itself wasn't bad, but the song didn't make her feel anything therefore it wasn't worth listening to.

"I personally prefer the music in my home country as well. The music is plain here. There isn't any variation in the instruments here." He said agreeing with the American about the music.

It must have been break time for the soldiers because out of the blue, a bunch of men who were part of the forces started pouring into the tavern. Sirena saw the Commander's second in command enter the place which caused her to wonder if he was following her. She then caught sight of Cullen entering after him. Just looking at him, the man who commands authority, made her heart race in her chest which made her forget who she was sitting across from. Her eyes followed his movements to a table where he was sitting which wasn't far from where she was.