Chapter Thirteen

As soon as they were out of the bustling city, Evelyn helped Sirena mount her horse the same way Cassandra did the day before. After helping the different girl, the Herald then moved to the side of her own horse and lifted her leg up to put her boot in the stirrup then swung her other leg over to sit astride on the saddle. Trevelyan had pulled out the paper she was holding earlier that day which came with the red package and flipped the parchment over in her hands, noticing a map on the back that she didn't see before.

"It looks like we don't have to go too far. We are going to be heading to another part of Orlais, where more nobles reside." She informed everyone while remembering where the location was by looking at the map.

"We will follow you Herald." Varric said as Evelyn rolled her eyes not liking the title. She didn't earn it. It was thrust upon her after she helped with the breach the first time when everyone thought she was guilty for people dying in the conclave. Still having the picture of the map in her hippocampus, she gently kicked her horse to a walk, heading in the direction they needed to go.

"Does anyone know who this "Red Jenny" is?" Cassandra asked, a little suspicious thinking the situation could be a trap. Solas looked towards Sirena getting a hunch like she had the answer to the seeker's question. Feeling the elf's eyes on her yet again, the American girl looked back and was not at all surprised to find him looking her way. With irritation, she confronted him in her own way that sounded like she was annoyed and impatient.

"You have something to say Solas?"

"No, I do not." He said with a lot of calm as the look of disappointment was written all over his face. The elf was not expecting that outburst from her and in a way it surprised him.

"Then why are you looking at me like I know the answer?" Everyone looked at her in surprise wondering where the defensive attitude came from. The anger bubbling out of nowhere was rather shocking to them all. They then looked over towards the apostate wanting to see what he would say next to the girl who was obviously new to this life and had no control over her tongue. Some found this rather refreshing at the same time it was dangerous to show one's emotions in the world where they lived in.

"Do you know who the Red Jenny is?" He asked with wisdom while wondering what she would say. Would the girl become angrier after his question? Solas, though, he didn't really care for the young woman; he was strangely enthralled by her. She was fresh in his eyes. The elf was still looking at her when he heard the girl's response.

"No, I don't." The American said while trying to keep a straight since she didn't want to get caught lying to them. They have been so nice to her that she would end up feeling guilty for doing so. There was always one big sign that would tell everyone that she fibbed which was smiling during a serious moment. To her relief, it looked like he bought it. She really didn't want to become a liar; it wasn't like her at all. Sadly, she had to do what she needed to in order to not screw things up.

"Why were you so defensive?" Solas asked curiously with a raised brow wondering what excuse she could come up with.

"Heat exhaustion does that to me." She explained with honesty. When Sirena was out in the heat for a long period of time the poor girl would start having attitude problems which she has been working to control. Her anger was also the first sign of dehydration. As they continued to ride on in the heat, Sirena's vision began to get spotty. She was seeing white spots even after blinking her eyes which did not help her at all instead it might have made things worse for her. Eventually, she removed her left hand from the horse's reigns and raised it to her forehead. The American girl began to feel light headed and leaned a bit forward on the saddle. Varric who was keeping an eye on her after her outburst, watched her lean forward and knew she needed help. He then called out to Trevelyan.