Chapter Twenty-Nine

While the Inquisitor was out fighting, Sirena took it upon herself to make sure things were running smoothly at the keep of Skyhold. As soon as she had heard word from Dagna, the dwarf who had learned about enchantments in the Circle of Magi, had finished studying something; the young lady had sent word to the spymaster and the ambassador before going to the undercroft herself. The object was important and possibly a key to thwart Corypheus plans. When she stepped closer to the object, she saw that it was a glowing blue stone. Sadly, the American couldn't remember how they gotten their hands on it. Obviously from a battle, but that was all she knew.

"This is an amazing find, Lady Laurelette! The Shaperate in Orzammar had something like it." The human girl hoped that Dagna knew it wasn't her that got the glowing stone. From the way she was speaking, it didn't seem like it.

"Hello to you too, Dagna. The one you'll need to compliment is my cousin, Lady Trevelyan, since she was the one that won it during a battle." There was no way Sirena was going to take credit for something she didn't do. She wasn't that type of person to do so.

"I'll make sure I tell her. Now back to this beauty. The Shaperate, they preserve voices, or a likeness, something like memories, you know?" Her eyes blinked as she tried to understand what the dwarf had said, but it was clear that she did not comprehend her words. "You don't know, doesn't matter. The Venaturi cracked the stone, but here..." The young American heard footsteps approaching from behind her.

"These documents the Inquisitor found; I've made an interesting... discovery." Leliana's voice interrupted before an apparition of their enemy appeared. It had caught them all by surprise. Quietly, they listened and watched a scene replay. It told them something about a vessel. Sometimes, her work was hard.

"Sod it! Um- Sorry. The crystal couldn't take anymore. It wasn't meant for this." The dwarf explained apologetically. Even she knew one shouldn't force an object to do something it wasn't meant to in order to prevent it from breaking further.

"That looked like Corypheus and Calpernia."

"It was a memory stored in the crystal."

"No, that was vital information. Did you see Calpernia's expression?" The spymaster was already doing her job which was finding a weakness in the enemy. "Their alliance maybe less than harmonious."

"Did you notice that Corypheus mentioned Calpernia was going to be a vessel? A vessel for what?" Of course, she was unable to remember everything that had happened in the game even though she played it more than once. It was a lot of information.

"They had spoken of power and demons, but Calpernia is already a magister. Corypheus must have some other plan." The more they spoke about the topic, the more she thought Evelyn should be told for it may hold some information that she may think it vital.

"What the crystal showed was the fact Calpernia doesn't believe Corypheus' myth yet and if that is the case, then it's a good idea." More so, if in time, they could get her to switch sides. Would it be too late?

"Well... I'm no shaper, but I might be able to get it to remember new sounds." Dagna added, clearly wanting to be an asset to the company around her.

"Really? If we hid it in Calpernia's belongings, imagine what we could learn." Sirena already saw a pro and con to what Leliana had suggested. The pro was, they would get information. On the other hand, it would be dangerous to hide whatever object in the magister's things; especially if they got caught.

"Aha! I can split it and keep half here! We could hear her speaking right then! I mean... It's not how they are supposed to work, and it'll probably break. As I said; I'm not a shaper." Sadly, there was no answer to how they would hide half the crystal. Did no one think of these sorts of things? Or perhaps the Spymaster did and was not saying anything.