Chapter Two

The morning Sirena woke up, she let out a soft groan while thinking to herself 'I don't want to work today'. With a soft sigh, she swung her pale white legs off the bed and got up. Pulling out a pair of black skinny jeans, she put them on as well as her favorite neon pink corset with a pink and black lace overlay jacket which goes well with the store she worked in. After getting dressed, Sirena walked to the bathroom that she shared with the cat and brushed her teeth and styled her hair with spiral curls at the end of her silky blonde hair; that used to be brown before she had it professionally colored. When she looked into the mirror, blue-green eyes stared back at her. With a calculating look, she applied black eye liner to bring out her eyes more. Sirena wanted to look presentable even when she works in the evening. She hated to work in the evenings due to bratty teenagers and rude adults who sometimes come in.

Leaving her shoes off for the time being, the young woman walked out to the living room and decided to watch some television while reading a book called Blue Bloods which is about a teenager who was born a vampire. The vampires are also known as fallen angels. Schyler, the main character, had a purpose in her life which was to save the other vampires/angels. Sirena had read the book series at least twice. It always made her imagine the feelings the main character goes through in the whole series.

When Sirena looked at the clock, she realized it was lunch time so she got up off the couch and walked over towards the kitchen to make food since she could hear her stomach growl at her. The young woman grabbed something that would tie her over for a late dinner since she wouldn't be able to eat at 5 PM. She made some chicken nuggets and stir fry vegetables. As she was eating her lunch, she thought to herself. 'I have to get some Asian food later; I'm craving it like crazy right now.' She pulled out her galaxy S5 which had a white case with pink cherry blossoms; she wanted to see if she had received any messages. When she saw the screen, she decided to send a text to her mother.

"Are you up for some Chinese tonight?" Sirena sent the text but had to wait a couple of minutes before she got a text back.

"Sure"

"Great! I'm paying eommani (mother)." She laughed to herself since part of her message was in Korean. Though it was Romanization instead of Hangul (Korean text) since her phone couldn't text Hangul correctly.

"No, you are not going to pay." Sirena laughed again at her mother's reaction to her comment about paying. It was something her and her mother often fought over; the bill.

"Oh, yes I am." She responded back before putting her phone away while smirking. Sirena and her mother really had a strange relationship for a mother and daughter; they were like best friends. When Sirena looked at the clock, she let out a little sigh and walked back to her bedroom to get her purse. She walked into her room and saw her cute little black platforms that didn't make her too much taller. Though, getting a bit taller wouldn't hurt her since she was 5'1. Sitting down on her bed, she grabbed her shoes and put them on her feet. She then got up off the bed; walked over to her black purse and looked inside it to make sure she had her keys and wallet. After checking her purse, she slung it onto her shoulder then walked out of her room, down the hallway and out into the living room again. She made her way to the front white door and opened it. Making sure the cat wasn't around her feet or anywhere near her, she then opened the screen door as quietly as she could and walked out while closing the front door behind her. As soon as the door was shut, she turned around and locked it so no intruder could get in. Sirena walked over to the blue/purple van which she was forced to drive on a daily basis because she couldn't afford to get another vehicle and she was also going to college. As soon as she was next to the vehicle, she unlocked it manually with the van key and opened the driver's side door. In America, and other selective few countries, had the steering wheel on the left side of the vehicle which was where Sirena was sitting. She put the key in the ignition, turned the key which started the van and placed her left foot on the break so she could put the vehicle in reverse. After she had backed out of the driveway completely, she pressed her foot on the break again and changed the reverse to drive then drove off.