Chapter Eight

Back in Haven, Sirena woke up by herself way early in the morning. She rubbed her eyes and stretched before looking around the room drowsily wondering where she was for a hot minute. After swinging her legs off the uncomfortable bed, she looked around for a clean outfit to wear for the day. Wearing the same dress more than a day, made her feel really disgusting. It seriously had to get cleaned. Knowing full well that Evelyn and Varric were at the Hinterlands, she borrowed her "cousin's" other clothes. Sirena grabbed a pair of dark breeches while scrunching her nose as she mumbled to herself at the same time looking at the pants. "These are so not my style... Maybe I can get away with wearing my skinny jeans today..." She quickly folded the breeches back up and placed them back in Evelyn's drawer. Still in her night gown that Evelyn had given to her, she pulled out her jeans and quickly put them on feeling a little happier putting her own clothes back on. Sirena then went rummaging through the Herald's clothes again in her drawers to look for a dark tunic. As soon as she found one, she pulled it on herself and found that it was loose on her which she did not like at all. She really missed her form fitting clothes that she had back home. With a sigh, she wrapped her dark blue cloak around herself to hide the loose fabric that was oddly soft against her skin.

A knock then pounded on the cabin's door while the fake blonde woman was making her way to the water basin to brush her teeth. Deciding to answer the door first, Sirena made her way towards the door and somehow managed to trip over a foot locker. She made a little "oomph" sound as she fell onto the hard-wooden floor. That happens when doesn't let herself wake up first before moving around.

"Ow, that hurt." She said while rubbing her head before she picked herself up off the floor. Her hands reached up and pat down her hair to tame it since it was an unruly mess of curls and got worse when she fell. She made her way to the door and after she got close to it, her hand reached out and opened the it.

As the door opened, she was able to see who was on the other side which was none other than the Commander Cullen or was it Rutherford? Sirena knew that in the military it was rank first then last name afterward, but did things work the same in the world she was in currently? The woman tilted her head in confusion and blinked her eyes at him a couple of times. She really had no idea why he was standing outside the door and if she did well obviously she couldn't remember. Some people from where she was from even said she had a memory of a gold fish which in a way amused her since her memory was very bad. Though, she was sure her face was easy to read at that moment.

"You look really bewildered right now." Cullen said while studying her face as he tried keeping his own expression composed. Cullen was right; she was in his words "bewildered" though in a way happy to see him. Sirena opened the door wider to let the commander in the cabin.

"You're welcome to come in; I just have to finish doing things." She said vaguely since she needed to brush her hair and teeth. The tall handsome man walked in with only a few steps with his long strides. He made his way to the foot of Sirena's bed and sat down on it while observing the room and her. The woman who looked and walked like she belonged somewhere else, made her way over to the water basin and discreetly as possible; brushed her teeth. She could hear a little laugh from behind her which made her cheeks flame red from embarrassment since he could obviously hear her spitting out the paste for cleaning one's teeth. She really missed some things from her modern world and the minty taste when her teeth were clean was one of them. Her head hung a bit as she thought about all she took for granted. With a sigh, she walked over to the vanity and sat in the chair as she pulled a hair brush and inspected it for lice before using it.

Cullen remained silent as he watched her inspecting the hair brush that looked to be clean from where he was sitting. He watched as she started brushing her long curly locks of hair that became wavy after she brushed them. As he continued to watch her, he longed to brush her hair with his fingers, to feel the silky smoothness that her shiny hair looked like. He didn't know what was going on with him or his thoughts, but he couldn't really control them anymore. His hand moved to the pommel of his sword, gripping it tightly as he shook the thoughts out of his head. 'Stop having these thoughts about her, Cullen. It is highly inappropriate and would not end in your favor." He thought as he turned his head away from her finally. Sirena glanced at the mirror to look at Cullen and saw him looking away. She turned around in her seat after she was done brushing her hair and looked at the dirty blonde haired man and smiled softly at him while biting her lower lip before asking him a question. Though, she was hesitant of that as well right now after seeing his face which looked a bit angry. "What brings you over to this cabin?" Sirena asked before turning back around to avoid his gaze in case he looked up. As she looked around at the vanity and reorganized things to keep her busy, her thoughts went to Cullen. 'What is it with me? Why in the hell am I attracted to an older man? I mean, I like older men, but... usually my maximum age gap is three.' Sirena asked herself in her head. While in the midst of reorganizing, she heard his deep tenor voice speak up.