Chapter Nine

It had been three months since the Herald left for the Hinterlands. Sirena had been training with the Commander and eventually even became very good with swords after the many weeks of getting bruises all over her body. As time passed for Cullen, he became more protective over the short fake blonde woman. He would watch her every time she walked by the training/sparring area where he commanded his soldiers when they needed it.

Late in the afternoon, Cullen heard a bunch of horses hooves clip clopping on the ground. He turned his head and saw the Herald on top of the horse's back; as well as her companions on their own horses. With great relief, the Commander saw Dennet, the horse master amongst those who were arriving to Haven. 'The recruiting has begun' he thought as he waved an agent over to him. A man in a green outfit dutifully walked over to him.

"Commander" the agent acknowledged the man with a little salute.

"Hi, I need you to get Sirena, Josephine, Leliana and tell them to meet at the war table with the Herald and Cassandra." Cullen instructed. The agent did another salute and ran up to the Herald and the seeker to tell them what the Commander said. Evelyn listened to him along with Cassandra before responding.

"Alright, but after the meeting I'm going to relax." Evelyn replied while agreeing to the meeting. The agent ran off again to find the others who the Commander told him to find. After putting the horses in the makeshift stable, Evelyn and Cassandra met up with Cullen and made their way to the chantry while making small talk.

"How did you like the Hinterlands?" Cullen asked the two women as his gaze looked ahead and saw the still strange girl walking ahead of them. Both Evelyn and Cassandra noticed him looking ahead at a certain someone who seemed to have caught his interest. Cassandra shook her head discreetly in disproval.

"It was lovely there." The Herald answered as they finally made it to the chantry.

"Hopefully it wasn't too bad there."

"You will find out in this meeting Commander." Cassandra said before walking into the war room. Everyone turned their heads to look at the three who finally entered. Cullen, Evelyn, and Cassandra made their way to their spots around the table. As soon as the tall man with blonde hair stood across from Sirena, her eyes glanced up at him while he was looking at her which caused her cheeks to turn red, she really wished she could stop blushing. Quietly, Leliana and Josephine watched the two with smirks rising to their face knowing full well they became closer within the three-month span.

"I'm guessing you all want to know what happened in the Hinterlands?" Evelyn asked as she looked around the table at everyone.

"That would be nice." The American replied with a hint of sarcasm while she lowers her gaze from Cullen to look at the woman who took her under her wing. Leliana's smirk became a smile of amusement from how the youngest of the group said her statement. Josephine gave Sirena a slight glare and shook her head in disappointment.

"There was a war between templars and mages. Both parties were attacking innocent people." Cassandra said in her thick accent that really did sound French to the outsider's ears.

"We also talked to Mother Giselle." Josephine nodded her head since she had seen the older woman in Haven herself. Sirena now kept her head down during the talk about Giselle. She tried to steer clear from the mother and sisters of the Chantry. "We also brought the horse master Dennet for the Inquisition." Trevelyan explained to everyone which gave her a nod of approval from the Commander.

"Miss Trevelyan and Cassandra since you and your companions just came back from your travels, you all should relax and recuperate from your little adventure." Josephine suggested to the Herald and their seeker. Evelyn looked at the tall dark haired woman who was wearing the Inquisition eye on her armor; the Nevarran woman nodded her head as a response.