Chapter Twenty-Eight

It had felt like months with Evelyn's presence not being in the keep, Skyhold, when it may have only been a week or two. Though, it was hard to tell because of the days went by without a calendar. The American hadn't seen Cullen since that day they played chess together. While sitting in her chamber, it was in that moment, Sirena received a message from a courtier. When she took the note, her eyes scanned the page before they widened. Already, the Inquisitor had stirred up trouble for the forces had to arrest someone and she was the one to judge him since Evelyn was still out. With a soft sigh, she nodded her head. At least it was something to do, but the responsibility was on her shoulders.

"Tell the others I'll be down there when I'm ready." Even before the person left, she ran over to her closet to change her clothes. The outlander pulled out one of her nice dresses that she had made for herself. It was a white, gold, and ivory hanfu. She slipped it on and put the matching belt around her wait. Her hair was done up in a half up and half down hairstyle that matched her robe. Her hands reached out and grabbed the hair ornament then stuck it through her hair. After she had looked at her reflection, another sigh left her lips. Sirena then stood up from her vanity before making her way out of her chambers and descending the stairs.

Once she was down on the main floor, she stepped out into the big room. When the people had set their eyes on her, they immediately quieted down while making a path for her to easily walk through like she was a queen. With her head held high, she made her way over to the throne and sat down on it. Why couldn't one of the advisors do it? Were they training her to be the next inquisitor just in case the other didn't make it? That shouldn't be possible! While she was lost in her thoughts, she hadn't noticed that Josephine had already made her way up with a prisoner who wore shackles.

"This was rather surprising, after the Inquisitor left for the bog and while she's still traveling, we discovered this man attacking the building... with a... goat." Sirena was snapped back to her reality when she heard the Ambassador. Already the young woman was trying to hold back a laugh. "Chief Movran the Under; he feels slighted by the killing of his Avvar tribesmen. Who might I add, attacked first. What should we do with him? Where... should he go?" It was becoming too much to keep amusement hidden about the situation.

"You retaliated the death of your clan... with a goat?" Oh! It was so hard for her to keep a straight face. Did anyone else find it as funny as she did? Her blue-green eyes took a gander around the hall to see that no one was smiling. In fact, a lot of them seem to be judging her to see if she was fit for the role that was given to her by the request of Evelyn.

"A court room? Unnecessary! The Inquisitor killed my idiot son and I answered, as is my custom, by smacking your holdings with goat's blood." Sirena didn't how to judge the situation that was given to her. Hoping for some guidance, she looked over at the ambassador.

"Don't look at me." If she was able to groan, she would. She knew that Josephine wasn't going to help her. It was all up to her. Was this how monarchs felt when things were on their shoulders? It was quite daunting and the power could be dangerous in the wrong hands.

"No foul! He meant to murder Tevinters but got feisty with your Inquisition. A red headed mother guarantees a brat! Do as you must, My Lady, my clan yields. My remaining boys still have brains in their heads!"

"From the sounds of it, the conflict was accidental, Chief Movran. But this situation can't be repeated." Finally! Sirena knew what to say along with a decision. "I henceforth banish you and your clansmen to Tevinter with as many weapons as you can carry."

"My idiot boy got us something after all!" When the young woman heard him laugh after every sentence, she wanted to roll her eyes and face palm herself. It was annoying, but at least it was over. The outlander stood up from the throne which signaled to everyone that it was time to disperse. The guards escorted the chief out of the great hall. As the blonde girl stood on the little platform, her eyes observed those that went back to their usual business. She debated on whether or not she should change her clothes again, but to a more casual look. No matter what, people would recognize her despite the elevation she'd gotten. Her fashion made her stood out for it was different compared to everyone else.