Chapter Thirty-Seven

Author's Note: I had help writing the love making scene. The credit for that scene goes to my friend Eidolon. I edited it to make it match the scene more.

While in her terror, someone had picked her up. She couldn't stop shaking. Sirena didn't even know she and whoever was carrying her were moving. From what she was able to tell, they had gone through the rift due to the flash of green that was seen behind her eyelids. Before the woman knew it, she was breathing in fresh air. It was obvious from the movement the American felt, she and whoever were not sticking around for the post battle, but nor did she really care. In her mind, the images of the giant monster remained. It had gotten to the point of losing the day and time. Would it ever stop? Will she be stuck seeing that monstrosity forever? Hadn't she suffered enough? Soft sounds of sniffling came from her.

"Sirena Laurelette, she needs to be seen." A male voice had said as she shook hard enough for cold sweat to perspire.

"Put her in her tent. A healer will see to her. As you can see, we are tending to wounded soldiers." That was clearly an older woman's voice due to how demanding she sounded like she had years of practice to sound authoritative. There was movement again from what the outlander was able to tell in her state. It must not have been far for the next thing she knew; she was laying down on her back in a sleeping roll. With time getting away from her, she had no idea how long it had been since she was in the fade. Before she knew it, there were footsteps inside the tent she was staying in then she felt a hand on her forehead.

"She has a fever. I'll give her a sleeping tincture to help her sleep for rest will help her recover faster." Sirena felt tapping on her shoulder. Her head lifted up to look at the healer who was helping her. It seemed the woman had the drink ready for she held it to the American's lips. Her trembling had not ceased so she was thankful to the elder taking care of her. It was too bad she didn't get a warning for once the tincture had touched her tongue; she had begun to gag.

"That's disgusting! A little warning would have been nice." Still, the lady did what she was supposed to do which was drink the bitter and vile medicine. Once all of it was gone, Sirena laid back down. It only took a few moments for the affects to kick in. She was doing her best to stay awake for she did not want to see the horror she had seen in the fade. But there was no fighting it.

It was still night time when she woke up with sweat coating the back of her neck and forehead and screamed. There were hands gripping her arms before pulling her into an embrace. She heard shushing noises that brought her some comfort pulling her back from the nightmare that plagued her. Sirena then felt a rocking movement which made her feel like a child but it still made her feel comfortable. Her eyes slightly opened to catch sight of a red cape with fur. She looked up and saw a sharp jawline. With her angle, it was all she was able to see.

"Tell me what happened there." The man said to her in a gentle whisper. It was a voice she recognized. A voice that could pull her out of the darkness even for a brief moment. Her arms wrapped around him tightly like she was clinging to life or her sanity. Sirena closed her eyes while taking his warmth's comfort. She shook her head not really wanting to think about it, but also knew there wasn't much choice. "From what I've been told by Blackwall, you went into shock from terror."

"It was terrible!" Sirena whispered as her grip had become more tighter around the man. "The last battle... I ignored the spiders. But there was this giant monster!" She stammered as tears streamed down her face. "I saw pinchers, twelve eyes, and huge legs. It even salivated! I couldn't..." A shudder had gone through her body as she described what she saw. "I couldn't face my fear. I couldn't fight it. Terror over took me." The American felt his hand rub her back as he held her.

"You were brave enough to ignore the other spiders. You did very well, Sirena. Don't ever think you are a coward, alright? For now, you may suffer lack of sleep and that's okay because eventually the nightmares may stop or something else will replace the monster. Just remember, you are safe now. When we get to Skyhold take the time you need to heal." Sirena felt him kiss her head.