Chapter Thirty-Five

Sitting at the desk in her chambers, she silently looked over through the documents as she sipped on a cup of tea while smiling to herself. The relief and freedom had hit her really hard to the point of giddiness. Not only was her stalker gone for good and those who helped were punished, but her and Cullen... Sirena knew there was what she would call "hot tension". At least something within her, wasn't completely destroyed. In fact, for the first time in a long time, the American felt alive! She thought she'd never get the feeling back but here she was. When the girl with the smile heard sounds of someone approaching her, her eyes flickered up to see Chiara, her best friend.

"So... What happened?" Sirena knew her friend was going to be curious about what went on between herself and her boyfriend. It was only natural since he had wanted her presence according to the dwarf who had practically adopted her as a niece.

"I have no idea what you are talking about."

"Yeah, okay, like I'm going to believe that. I see that smile of yours, the one that is finally meeting the eyes."

"Nothing really happened honestly. I mean we talked and had a moment; I think..." In a way the outlander was confused if she may have just conjured up the feeling, she had with him and he with her. Was she just seeing things and being delusional?

"What sort of moment are we talking about?"

"You know how in movies where the two leads have so much tension between them?" Sirena asked as she stood up and walked around the desk to fetch another tea cup while revealing the hanfu she was wearing that day. It was simpler than the ones she has worn previously; fashioning a white under robe with a sea green over robe that had matching flowers sewn into the fabric. Her hair was also in a half up and half down with a pin sticking through it. Once she had the cup, the older American girl walked back over to her desk and set the cup down on the dark wood surface. "Tea?" She offered to her friend who gave her a nod. Without seeing or hearing whether she answered, she poured tea into the cup. "Well, I had a moment like that with Cullen, but I don't know if he felt the same and knowing my dumbass, I'm too shy to ask him."

"So, it was an intense yet affectionate moment?" The older outlander nodded her head to Chiara's question. After she poured some tea into the cup, she watched her friend take a sip. "And nothing happened?" Only shaking her head silently at Chiara only made the other modern girl want to pry more. "You know in most romance films when there is that much tension, the couple usually bump uglies." As Sirena was taking a sip, she spewed out her drink when she heard what her friend said.

"Really? Bump uglies? You know the terms they use here? Moaning statues, bucking horses; that's only a couple of them. It just seemed like he was holding himself back."

"Maybe he wants to wait for the right time when he knows you both are ready." It was very logical and perhaps she was right; if that's the case then he really was a gentleman. How lucky she was. While the two young women were having their discussion, the twenty-three-year-old heard another pair of footsteps had entered her chamber which made her look at Chiara with a confused look on her face. Was she supposed to have a visitor? She didn't think she had scheduled an appointment. As she pondered over her thoughts whether she had forgotten something or not, the person finally had revealed themselves and much to her surprise it was her boyfriend whom they were talking about, Cullen.

"There you are." To her ear, he sounded relieved that he had found her location. Though, where else would she be? She really had nothing to do but hang out with the companions that were still around.

"Were you looking for me?" It was the first time the commander had come to seek her out. Normally it was the other way around. For her, it was actually nice.