Chapter Forty-Two

When the American woke up, she let out a gasp and placed her hand on her head where it was throbbing. It's clear that she had hit her head. As Sirena sat up slowly, she took a look around and noticed that she was still in the same place where she had fallen unconscious. At the dreadful ruins which meant everyone was still there. With slow movements, the American got up off the ground. As the young woman was looking around for the others who were in the party, in the distance, there was someone who kneeled down to grab the object which was lying on the ground. Sirena finally spotted Evelyn, who looked like she was speaking to the person kneeling on the ground. She was half tempted to join since there were others, but it'd be rude interrupt a private conversation.

"Inquisitor! Sirena! Are you alive?" A big grin curved up on her lips as she was filled with great relief when hearing Cassandra's voice. With immediate action, the outlander followed the direction where her voice had come from. While descending the stairs, Sirena saw everyone! Everyone but the other three advisors of course. Still, she never felt so happy seeing everyone. In a way, it felt like it was a miracle for her to still be alive. The American didn't even know that Evelyn had joined her on the stairs.

"Then it's over?" The outlander heard Vivienne asked to which she nodded her head in confirmation. "How lovely." It was lovely, indeed. There was no need to worry about Corypheus trying to take over the world anymore, nor can he try to kill her.

"And you managed not to get yourself killed. That's something." Sirena knew Sera meant well, but her word choice was a bit condescending.

"The sky healed, healthy... whole. There's just that to remember." Finally, the Inquisitor stepped next to her after hearing Cole's happy comment. It seemed like this was a way for everyone to come to terms with what had happened.

"Looks that way." Evelyn answered quite simply. They then heard Cassandra ask what they were supposed to do then. The outlander didn't really understand the question. It could have been taken as a much deeper inquiry such as what will they do? Or what would happen to the inquisition since it is all over? "We go back to Skyhold!" The Inquisitor did not seem like she wanted to talk at all and nor did she blame her.

Silence fell over everyone for quite a while as they all went back in the direction of Skyhold. Slowly conversation started and before the outlander knew it, all the companions were talking excitedly. It was very clear that they were happy to be alive and celebrate a well-earned victory. Even Sirena was glad that she was still around. All of the preparing to die was for naught. In fact, she was relieved, there really was no way to describe her elation. The American let herself enjoy the feeling of freedom without the impending doom that was previously on her shoulders.

After what felt like forever, the blonde outlander girl found herself gazing up at the wonderful keep where she made her home. Skyhold was once a beacon for hope when Haven fell. Now it had become more. It showed the power of the inquisition. How willing everyone was to come together to defeat a common enemy. Now it was time of rest. A break from battles; at least for the young woman. She had seen enough bloodshed to last her a lifetime. As she entered Skyhold with the group, there was a lot of clapping and cheering from the crowd. Her eyes took a look around and saw a throng of people along both sides of the path that led to the stairs. The American peered up at the night sky briefly before looking forward again. One by one, she climbed up the steps along with the Lady Trevelyan who was holding her hand. While climbing up the stairs, her eyes lit up when she saw Cullen. The wound on her arm had been completely forgotten.

Once she was at the top with the Inquisitor, her eyes caught sight of Cullen and Leliana bowing while Josephine curtsied. As soon as the three were back up, she gave them a small smile. Sirena's head turned to look at the blonde man who had his arms open while stepping towards her. There was zero hesitation from her and not caring about how many people were watching, she quickly stepped into his arms while wrapping her own arms around the Commander. A smile was on her face as she nuzzled up against him. When there was a soft throat clearing, both her and Cullen pulled away from each other and she saw nothing but love in his gaze. While blushing, the young outlander stood next to the man she loves and faced the cheering crowd.