Chapter Thirty-One

Just as she was about to walk with Cullen, they heard many footsteps enter the hall along with a page announcing the inquisitor's long-awaited arrival. Immediately, Sirena and Cullen stopped in their tracks and watched as Evelyn motioned for them to follow her along with the other two advisors. With a soft sigh escaping past her lips, the two made their way with the group to the respective places around the table. After the Inquisitor had been gone for so long, she was rather surprised that her fake cousin didn't want to bathe first.

"Sorry about the sudden council meeting after I had just gotten back, but I felt that right now would be a good time to discuss a bit about what can be done with the Empress Celene situation." Though, the young outlander knew what was approaching, she didn't know when exactly. This was an opportunity for a gamer to find out what it was that happened behind the scenes. It still baffled her to find herself in the world of Dragon Age even after all the time she had spent there. Perhaps it was all a vibrant dream that she hasn't woken up from. "Is there any news of how we can warn her?" Since this was not her expertise, Sirena had decided to keep silent with her eyes cast down.

"She should be having a ball which we need an invitation to." Josephine had chimed in her idea which the American knew would work. "As I work on getting the invitation, everyone, including myself, would need to be measured." The only person who was heard to be groaning from the thought was the Commander himself.

"We should all wear the same thing to show uniformity." Leliana suggested thinking it would be a great idea when to her, it wasn't. It wasn't just a no, but a hell no! The young woman's cheeks puffed out making her look like a chipmunk. Once she made her cheeks go back to normal, she pressed her tongue against the inner walls of her cheek.

"Yeah... You know what? You guys can go ahead and do that, but I won't be. I love my individuality which means I won't be wearing the same thing as you all." Sirena spoke very adamantly about wearing what she wanted. She did not want to wear something that looked like a marching band uniform. It may look good on men but not on women. Heaven knows she was miserable every time she had to put one on during her freshman year of her high school days. Whether they liked it or not, she was going to do what she wanted anyway.

"But we need to show uniformity!" Josephine agreed with Leliana thinking it was a good idea. Though, the American knew otherwise, of course she couldn't say anything, for that may have given too much away. What could she say or do to make them understand? There was nothing. But that didn't mean that she had to do what they said anyway since the youngest was a grown adult and could make her own decisions.

"I think it's great that you ladies want to match in fact it's adorable! But honestly, it's not me. Plus, if we are able to get an invitation to this ball, at least one of us should stand out. We don't know exactly what to expect." Sirena began to explain on the fly. In her opinion she was decent at winging things. Of course, some things needed time to plan ahead to succeed. "Think about it this way... Say we all wear the same thing and some of us had to do more than look pretty, yeah, we may get away some things, but if we had someone wear different than the uniform you want to plan that person can distract the party goers while the others are busy." Perhaps that was the best way for her to explain. Let's be real though, the young American was just trying to find ways to not wear the uniform that would look bad on her. It was almost like those outfits were made just for men at one point in time, which would explain a lot since that fashion was worn by gentlemen in her world's past.

"It is as you said, we don't know what to expect. If we all looked the same one of us won't be targeted." The American was sure that to the other two people in the room that the discussion had become a ping-pong match between three people. To top it all off, they were all females. That probably looked worse.