Chapter Twenty

The next morning when Sirena walked out of the shack, she heard a lot of whispers about the Herald arriving back in Haven finally. The young woman ran down past the gates of Haven to see if the whispers were true or not. She had to see if her adopted cousin had come back. The American ran past the training area to the stables to see the missing horses were back with a few more than they had left with. She turned herself around and walked in a fast pace back into Haven. Her pace still remained fast while walking through the little village till she made it to the big tall building.

As she continued to walk, her pace slowed down to a normal pace as she made her way through the chantry as quietly as she could. She gave a soft shy smile to everyone she had passed by and didn't know while walking towards the door straight ahead. After she walked up towards the door, she heard voices on the other side. Multiple voices. The American knew who the voices belonged to which made her wonder why no one had woken her up earlier. It really aggravated her that someone couldn't take the time out of their day to wake her up. Yes, she was difficult and possibly physical, but still it was no excuse. Now Sirena ended up glaring at the door while remembering what happened before Evelyn had left. Leliana had sent the ravens out with messages attached to their legs to fly out to the powerful noble families in Thedas who might be able to back up the inquisition. The inquisition needed to get the Templars to listen to them. Then it clicked in her brain finally, that is what they must be talking about in the room.

With a little sigh, Sirena opened the door quietly and finally slipped into the room when she noticed everyone had stopped talking to look at her. She raised a dark brown brow at everyone as her gaze moved around the table. This was starting to feel like déjà vu to her. Her feet carried her over towards the table to her usual spot with bags under her eyes.

"I'm sorry for interrupting." She said avoiding everyone's gaze as she rubbed her eyes. The American didn't want to know how bad she looked at that moment in time. Heaven knows she already felt terrible.

"It's quite alright. You are an advisor who is very good at remaining neutral. You're very much needed here." Josephine answered her apology. If she had water in her mouth, she probably would have spewed it out. She had no idea that they thought of her that way. It truly was a shock since she didn't think that she was that intelligent. For Josephine to give that sort of compliment was an honor, but that did not give anyone an excuse to not wake her up. In the end though, she decided to let it go.

"Shall the discussion continue?" The young woman asked with as much poise as she can muster at that point in time since she felt like her brain was thinking sluggishly from sleeping in. Everyone but Cullen shrugged their shoulders. Instead, he looked at her before looking over at the Herald with his brows furrowed.

"The Templars must help us close the breach. The order was founded to fight magic!" The commander said passionately which also caused Sirena to raise her eyes to look at him.

"What is wrong with magic?" She asked in defense of magic since she knew not all magic was bad. The American also knew he didn't believe all magic bad either. It seemed like no matter where a person was from and no matter what world, someone was going to find some issue with some sort of magic. History has proven that time and time again from the medieval persecution to the Salem witch trials. Thedas wasn't very much different it seemed.

"N-nothing! Nothing is wrong with magic." His ears turned pink in embarrassment. "Well maybe except blood magic..."

"We must first convince the Lord Seeker to bring the Templars out of exile." Leliana cut into what could have been a fight between the two. She had no idea what had gotten into the Commander and the younger person. The spymaster knew Cullen has had bad history with magic since she saw it first hand in the fifth blight, but Sirena, she didn't understand. She noticed Cullen's hand moved onto the hilt of his sword in a soft shaking movement as he turned to look at the spymaster.