Chapter - 21

"But....but if I leave, how will you return home?" Jimin asked, the worried frown never leaving his forehead.

What do you expect him to do when his best friend just asked him to leave without waiting for him because professor Kim Taehyung wanted to have a talk with him?Like really?How can Jimin leave Jungkook alone here when he knows how much the boy is suffering from his one-sided love for the said professor?He can't just leave, knowing Jungkook might need him by his side later.

"I'll take a taxi and don't worry.I'm going to be fine.You don't have to wait for me, hyung." Jungkook tried to convince the elder yet again.He deliberately used the word 'hyung' this time so that the other knows how serious he was being at the moment.A small smile crept up on the sides of his lips when he saw Jimin sighing in defeat.

As expected.

"Fine.I'll just go.But promise me that you'll call me if you need to talk." Jimin grumbled, his cheeks puffing out because the younger was not listening to him.

Nothing new though!

"Isn't that obvious that I will." Jungkook replied, rolling his eyes at the elder.Yes, he was scared, really scared to be exact but he didn't want to worry Jimin.He wanted Jimin to be gone because he didn't want to show the elder how his forbidden feelings have weaken him from the inside.He wanted to be alone because it was only him who had the power over his feelings.Only he could help himself to forget whatever his heart desires for.

"Okay okay.I'll go now.See you later then." Jimin said half-heartedly before he finally walked out of the empty classroom.Well, their classmates already left.So he didn't have the heart to leave Jungkook alone.But the way the boy was adamant on making him leave showed how much he wanted to have some time for himself.That's the reason he's leaving.Otherwise, he wouldn't have listened to that brat.

I just hope that you'll be fine, Kookie!

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Jungkook wasn't aware of the fact that he was capable of walking this slow.But today he got to know it too.His heart was thumping inside his ribcage at an insane rate and he wasn't really sure of the reason behind it.It can be nervousness or it can be fear but what matters is he should act indifferent once he's in front of Taehyung.He should act normal.

A lump formed in Jungkook's throat when he finally reached Taehyung's cabin.He rubbed his sweaty palms on the sides of his trouser and gulped that lump away before taking a deep breath.He then slowly knocked on the door, hoping for the professor to be absent inside the cabin.

But oh well !

It didn't look like the luck was on his side.He heard a faint 'come in' immediately after he knocked on the surface.Having no other options than to get in, he finally walked inside the cabin.He didn't dare to look up even for once, but mumbled a 'thank you' and sat down nonetheless when the professor asked him to take a seat.

Jungkook expected Taehyung to ask to say something to him first as usual but today, it didn't happen.He sat there in a stiffening manner for three minutes straight but no words came out of the professor's mouth.The silence inside the room was killing Jungkook at this point.After sitting there like that for some more time, Jungkook couldn't stop himself from looking up to see what the man in front of him was doing.

Wrong move.

Taehyung was already looking at him with an unreadable gaze!

The boy ducked his head down immediately, not being able to look at the man's sharp eyes for long.Unknowingly, his cheeks heated up as he bit his lower lip harshly, mentally scolding his heart for beating this fast for someone else's lover.