Chapter - 27

"One more time." Jungkook grumbled as he lost for the sixth time in a row.

"As you wish." Taehyung smirked proudly as he glanced at the boy's way before resetting the game again.

It's been almost three hours since they started playing.Both of them loved video games and that's the reason, why it was hard to win in the first place.Jungkook has always been good at video gaming but now that he thinks about it, Taehyung is much more better than him.The thought itself was more than enough for his competitiveness to show up in the first place.He lost eleven times against Taehyung already and it was quite obvious that his ego was hurt at this point.

He wanted to win the next game, by hook or by crook.

The next few minutes passed by both of them concentrating on the screen solely.No words were shared between them as they kept their eyes on the two racing cars on the screen only.Hell, they didn't even blink.Except for the sound that came from the video gaming, the room was almost silent.It didn't stay for long though.

"Aaarrrhhhh....nooooo" A groan left Jungkook's mouth, followed by a loud whine as he lost this time as well.

Taehyung flinched hard at the sound but a small smile made an appearance on his face soon as he watched Jungkook sulking like a baby whose mother refused to give more of their favourite chocolates.

So Jungkook becomes salty if he loses!

"One more time?" This time it was Taehyung who asked the other for one more session.He reset the game when he saw the boy nodding his head, still looking as salty as ever.

"Woah...Jungkook-ah, did you just win against me?" Taehyung gasped hard as Jungkook won the game this time.

But why wasn't Jungkook looking happy?

"Yes, I did." Jungkook pursed his lips in a thin line as he answered the elder's question.He then looked at the man with an unreadable expression on his face.

"I did because you chose to lose this time." The boy continued, still looking at the elder with that same look on his face.

"What are you talking about?Why will I lose on purpose?" Taehyung's eyes were about to enlarge because oh well, Jungkook really caught him; Didn't he?But the man was careful enough to control his facial expressions before responding to the boy's words.

"I'm telling the truth.You lost the game on purpose and I don't like it." Jungkook's eyebrows furrowed automatically as he spoke.The fact that Taehyung lost the game purposefully just to make him win hurt him, more than when Taehyung's continuous winnings hurt his ego.

Taehyung sighed in defeat at last.Well, he wanted Jungkook to feel good after winning but looks like his plan backfired.The whole time, he really thought that Jungkook was oblivious of him losing in the game on purpose but no, the boy had to know about it all and now he doesn't know how to make the boy feel better.

"Jungkook, I really wanted to see you smiling due to happiness.Yes, you look adorable while sulking and all but still I felt like the smile would suit you even better.I'm nine years elder to you and I've been playing this video game for years.I must say, it's a bit hard to win against me in this.So I decided to lose on purpose.I, so wanted to see you smiling that eye sparkling smile of yours.That's it.I didn't want to offend you.I'm sorry." The elder male said to the boy whose facial expressions softened as he heard the explanation.

"I-I....I overreacted; Didn't I?" He asked a bit hesitantly which made Taehyung smile.

"Not like that.You just let me know one more thing about you, that you hate it if someone tries to win something on your behalf.You didn't overreact, you just told me that you want to win but only with your hardwork and skills.Trust me, it makes me admire you even more!" Taehyung said, gently taking Jungkook's hands in his.He kissed the back of Jungkook's palms as to reassure the boy who still looked a bit hesitant.