Chapter - 23

"Do you want to have some water?" Taehyung asked the boy sitting in front of him who looked quite exhausted from all the crying.

Currently, Jungkook was sitting on the chair where he was sitting earlier while Taehyung took the chair beside him, not wanting to sit on his usual chair as things weren't the same anymore.He gave the younger a few minutes to compose himself but when the boy looked dazed even after ten minutes or so, he decided to break the silence by asking Jungkook if he needed some water.He stood up and went towards the bag he always brings with him when he saw the other nodding his head slowly.

"Here." Taehyung handed his water bottle that he took out from his bag to Jungkook before taking his seat again.While Jungkook had a few sips of water, he mentally organized whatever he needed to explain to the boy.

"It all started when I was in high school." The professor started speaking when Jungkook looked at him attentively after putting the bottle on the table.

"I met Seokjin hyung on the very first day of my high school life.He was a senior to me by two classes.We accidentally ran into each other in the cafeteria during our break period.Hyung was a very lively and friendly person.When he got to know that I was new there and couldn't befriend anyone on the very first day, he asked me to sit with him and his best friend to have lunch.Obviously, I agreed immediately.I really had a great time with him and his best friend, Kim Namjoon.I found out that Namjoon hyung was one year older than me and two years younger than Jin hyung.Still he was in the same class as Jin hyung's because of how much good of a student he was.In fact, hyung was the topper of their class, the famous nerd of the school while Jin hyung was the most popular kid of that institution because of his handsomeness." A fond chuckle left Taehyung's mouth as he thought about how he met both his hyungs.

"With the passing days, I did make a few friends from my class but I still preferred spending my break period with the two hyungs.Jin hyung would crack jokes every now and then to make us laugh while Namjoon hyung would be a good listener to both I and Jin hyung.Namjoon hyung's philosophical thoughts always amazed us."

"As years passed by, we three became inseparable and later, a few days before the last day of Jin hyung and Namjoon hyung's high school life, Joon hyung told me about his romantic feelings for Jin hyung.Actually, hyung was afraid to confess his love to Jin hyung because Namjoon hyung was from a really poor background while Jin hyung was the son of one of the richest businessmen's of our country.Everyone but Namjoon hyung in the school we studied in belonged to rich families.Hyung could study there because of the scholarship he got through an examination the government held every year.So, hyung felt insecure to even talk about his feelings openly despite him and Jin hyung being so close during their school years."

"I didn't like how hesitant he was and tried to convince him to confess on the day of their school graduation.But hyung kept denying it, saying things like it was wrong and he didn't want to break his and Jin hyung's precious friendship because of such unnecessary feelings.Though he didn't say it, I understood that he was scared, scared of Jin hyung's parents who were really money-minded people.But I also understood that Jin hyung might return Joon hyung's feelings.After all, he wasn't like his parents and he was always so soft towards Namjoon hyung.It took me a lot to make Joon hyung agree to confess but somehow I managed to do it."

"Later, hyung proposed to Jin hyung when the graduation ceremony was over just like we planned and as I expected, Jin hyung did return Namjoon hyung's feelings.In fact, hyung literally cried when Joon hyung asked him to be his boyfriend.Since that very moment, they became an official couple and I was the only one to know about it.We all were happy!"

"Things went pretty well after that.Both the hyungs even took admission in the same university to study business but one day, Jin hyung's parents came to know about their son dating a poor boy from a classmate of him.Actually, there was this girl who was crazy for Jin hyung.She was also the daughter of one of Jin hyung's father's business partners.She kept following Jin hyung despite hyung rejecting her a couple of times.At the end, Jin hyung told her about him already having a boyfriend but it backfired.Instead of accepting the rejection, that girl found out whom Jin hyung loved and when she got to know about Joon hyung's family background, she went to Jin hyung's parents to snitch them about their own son."