06: Friends

Flashback; 12 years ago,

"It's okay Minjiyah.. don't cry, I'll help you"

"But", she sniffed, "it hurts", she sobbed holding her bleeding knee.

He hold her knee and blew it "pain will go away", while Minji just stared at the wound with a crying face.

"Be strong, I'll play your favorite game today if you stop crying"

"Really", and he nodded, "then I won't cry... you're so sweet"

"I'll always be with you when you are in pain"

"Promise me"

"Yes promise", he molded his little finger with her.

"I won't let you be in pain either", she remarked, "yahh hug me.. it still hurts"

Back to present,

"Esther you're from Incheon right?", Yeonjun asked as Esther nodded while Minji just eating her lunch silently listening to them and noticing how Yeonjun is smiling at her and she also didn't failed to notice the pink tint of Esther's cheeks when she's talking with Yeonjun.

"Yeah.. There was some business problem so my parents went to States and as my cousin lives here in Seoul they decided me to take school here"

"I see"

"Hmm... Minji say something, you're too quiet", Esther asked.

"I'm like this always", Minji said with a straight face as Yeonjun scrunched his nose.

"Not at all... don't believe her Esther, she is too much talkative"

Minji gave Yeonjun a death glare and said "I don't have any friends except him.. so I don't talk with anyone"

"No problem Minji, we'll be good friends right?", Esther moved her hands as a handshake but she ignored her and continued to eat, "take your time", Esther pursed her lips.

"Yahh", Minji yelled as Yeonjun put his hands over her neck and pulled down making her half fall from chair, "talk to her nicely or-"

"Or what? How many days you know her Yeonjun, one day may be and you're fighting with your best friend of 14 years?"

"Yah, I'm just teasing you why are you so serious", Yeonjun softened his voice but she got up, "Minjiyah.."

Minji went away and Yeonjun was about to chase her but Esther stopped him.

"Let me go after her"
....

"Now he got a new friend, he'll forget me"

Minji doesn't know she was overthinking or not but she feels jealous, well may be it is early but she really feels jealous how Yeonjun talking and smiling with the new girl.

She trying her best to hold her emotions.

"May be I'm just overthinking, may be she's not that bad, may be I also should make new friends or she's not like that, what if she tries to replace me what if she stole him from me, what if-... ahhhh, I am again overthinking.... I think I over reacted there"

She got up.

"You can share me anything"

She turned her face to look at the person and it was her, Esther.

"Why are you here?", Minji asked.

"I was worried about you"

Esther went closer and Minji turned her face again.

"What is Yeonjun doing? Why isn't he-"

"He was coming, I stopped him"

"Why?"

"Because I want to know you more, I want to be your friend Minjiyah... I know you don't have any friends but trust me having other friends is amazing, Minj-"

"I don't know"

Esther smiled and hold her hands, "you can trust me, you're already his best friend, having another friend isn't bad"

"I'll think about it", Minji said.

"Okay... come.. class is about to start", Esther said and turned, about to leave.

"Esther"

"Yeah", she looked at her.

"I am sorry", Minji looked down, "f-for over reacting"

Esther came to her and patted her back, "It's okay... let's go now, Yeonjun may be worried about you"

She nodded and gave a small smile as Esther Smiled at her brightly. . .

••🥀••I hope their friendship will last longerPlease drop some votes my dear readers

••🥀••
I hope their friendship will last longer
Please drop some votes my dear readers